A little worried

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldoerr

Reaction score
Beauty got spayed yesterday. Today I noticed a pile of poop in her cage. The only problem with that is that it was not the traditional round dry poops. It was all 1 lump of wet stuff that mounded up. When I checked her incision (which looked fine to me) I noticed that her but was full of poop. It STANK as well. I tried to get it off but it would not come off. I tried to wet a paper towel but that did not help much. What should I do about all this? Is it normal for them to have poop like this the first day or two after spays? My vet is closed this weekend so I can not call them about it. I do not know of any other vets that are open on the weekend and treat rabbits. Help/advice is much appreciated.

I know for the first 1 or 2 days for nueters, their poops can be much smaller and sometimes with mucus. I think it's normal for the poos to NOT be normal :) Keep an eye on her bum and make sure it's nice and clean near her incision. Best wishes for a quick recovery!

I agree with Larry, its Cecotropes or night poops. They do stink really bad!

My guess is that it is uncomfortable for her to bend down to eat them so she sat on them instead. Unscented wipes do work.

Agnes's poops were normal after her spay. I would just make sure she is eating and pooping amd peeing and hopefully the cecotrope issue will stop soon.

My bunny Bella has just been spayed (on thursday) and she had her cecotropes stuck to her bum because it was probably painful to bend down and eat them, but now her bum is clean as she bends down and eats them now :) Her poop was also very 'wet' after her op but only for a day, and smaller than usual.

She is doing much better today I think. There were normal poops all over the cage. I have not checked her insicion yet today. I believe that she has gone pee in the litter box. Ever since her spay all that she does is groom herself. She tipped over her food bowl last night/this morning. She ate most of her veggies as well.

Latest posts

Back