A little off topic but has me worried. :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mom2many

Reaction score
Well my poor kitty has me worried, lately she hasbeen throwing up everything. I tried switching her to cannedcat food figuring that maybe she is just having a hard time digestingthe hard stuff but she threw that up too. She is only 10 yrsold and we have had her for 3 yrs but she was adopted and at some pointwasa garbage kitty, she still chews on plastic when she findsit. She is also only the size of a 1yr old cat. Sheis a sweetheart but I am worried that we may have to put herdown. So far the only thing she has eaten and kept down inthe last 3 days is a can of tuna I gave her but that isn't good enoughto be her sole source of food is it. I will buy my baby tunaif that is what it takes but is that ok health wise? AnyIdeas apreciated and sorry for not being about bunnies.

You might try a little Nutri Cal until you can figure out what's goingon. It's a high calorie dietary suppliment for when they go off theirfeed. You can pick it up at a pet supply store.
At least she'll be getting the nutrients.
-Carolyn

Thanks Carolyn, I will stop in and getsome. She is trying to eat but it comes back up. Ifeel so bad cause she sits and meows and whines that she is hungry butwhen she eats it all just comes back up. If she doesnt'improve I will be taking her to the vet on payday to see if they canfigure it out.

There's hope, mom2many.

A friend of mine's cat had the same problem and with some TLC (TenderLoving Care) and medication the vet gave her, the cat is fine. I'llhave to ask her tomorrow when I'm talking to her what it was. Notsaying that that is a proper diagnosis for your little one by anymeans, but giving you hope that it could be something that can betreated.

Syringe feed her water if you have to. Put a small amount of NutriCalon her paw and she'll lick it off. (It's highly caloric, so you onlyneed a touch of it.) It's actually made for cats and dogs, but Pamnockhas used it on horses and she's the one who told me about it forrabbits. It's something that's good to have on hand regardless and it'sabout $5 for a tube of it. It's meant for just these times, helps givea boost to their immune system and appetite, although I'm sure your cathas an appetite if she can't hold anything down.

Sorry if you already know about it and I'm rambling.

-Carolyn

Mom2many,

Just found out, my friend's 7 year old cat has congestive heartfailure. The cat was throwing everything up, but Lasix (oralmedication) has really helped her. She bought 60pills for $28 and the cat only gets 1/2 pill or 3/4s of a pill aday. It's prescribed by a veterinarian. The cat isdoing fine now.

I just want to reiterate that I'm not saying that this is the problem with your cat.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back