A little help please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RaspberrySwirl

Reaction score
Sebastian just atepart of a flip flop. :shock: Should I feed him some pumpkinand oatmeal? Should I just watch that he keeps pooping?

Oh, my! Rubber/plastic doesn't move toowell through their intestinal system. Any idea how much waseaten? Yes, watch for diminishing poops, both in size andquantity and lagging appetite. If neither occurs, he willprobably be alright.

Buck

He took bites allthe way around one whole flip-flop....maybe twenty bites! I was at ameeting and somebody brought him in and then didn't watch him closeenough! Should I give him the pumpkin andoatmeal?

Did he spit them out or are they gone?

-Carolyn

RaspberrySwirl,

You can't treat this as a G.I. Stasis case because the flipflop can't be broken down with acids/gas medication/and fiber.

Make sure he stays hydrated and massage him whenever you can. Let him get his exercise if he's willing.

I know you've cleaned out the litterbox. Let us know about those poops.

You know how to reach me, and if you're reading this at 3 a.m., it's not to late to call.

Praying for little mon and you.

Love,
-Carolyn

Okay, after talkingto you on the phone had three poo's - ate a piece of kale - someoatmeal - a few craisins - hoppin around everywhere. I'mfeeling optimistic.

Didn't even get that post sent.....atemore kale- - 5 more poo's - it's been approx. 3 hours sincehe ate the flip-flop...

4 more poos -munching on pellets, oatmeal and hay like it's an all you can eatbuffet....I'm beginning to feel a little bit used here. :X

This is great, Raspberry Swirl. :)

He's passing things through. Let him eat what he wants.

The fact that it's been this long and he's still eating and pooping is Key.

I'm right here for you.

Love,
-Carolyn

P.S.

If he's eating his pellets, oats, and drinking his water and pooping,things are good. :) If you wish you can offer him things with water, asyou have with the kale, carrots, etc.

I have great hope that your little mon is going to be okay.

-Carolyn

Sebastian's littlegirl is sick and staying home, Momma has a migraine and is going backto bed, Bunny poo'd a bazillion poo's all over kitchen floor and isgoing outside! Thanks for your help Carolyn, you're the best. Will getwith you later when my head's not killing me.

Thank God, Raspberry. :)

I hope you feel better. I'll say a prayer that when you wake up, you're 100%.

Sleep tight, and thanks for the reply. I've been logging on just to see what's going on with our little baby and you.

-Carolyn

Sorry I soundedgrumpy! I had to get back up and fill you in.I'm relievedbeyond relief. :?I was beside myself with worry lastnight.And I was mad. It happened when I was gone....I justdidn't see how he could move the foam rubber through his system. When Italked to Carolyn, she explained how it was different than with ahairball because with the flip-flop there was nothing natural in it tobreak down and move through. I kept waiting for the worse but he kepthopping around looking at me with that sweet face trying to figure outwhy I was laying on the kitchen floor with him! I gave him whatever hewanted to eat and he certainly took advantage of it!

Here's the culprit - And Carolyn, it wasdefinitely more than 20 bites! He must have ground them up really well!

bh287

bh2k4

bh2ki

Here's a shot of him enjoying his buffet!A big box of hay, oatmeal and pellets, some kale....what ameal!

bh2lv

He probably did it on purpose knowing he'dultimately get more food in the process. That face is just a littletoo innocent!

In all seriousness, it really did have me worried when I read your post. Thank goodness he's doing all right.

WOWRaspberry!

That's a lot of flip flop! Thanks for taking a picture ofit. I can't believe he ate that much of it. ThankGod he's okay.

You didn't sound grumpy at all. No apologynecessary. No wonder why you have a headache after lastnight. I was wondering if you had gotten any sleep.

It was a good lesson in the end for the kids. Wow. Can't believe he ate that much flip-flop!

-Carolyn

YAY! Im glad Sebastian is doing great! I guess hedint realize all he had to do was look at you with that sweet lovingface to get the treats he wanted rather then going to such extremes!

Geewhiz!

Did he really eat it? in other words, were there pieces of flipflop all around or just bare floor.

Guin loves to chew things up, and leave the pieces for us to pick up

Latest posts

Back