a little confused..

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tristaw.

Reaction score
I have one now 3 year old Holland Lop unneutered bunny. I have a new addition, a 7 month old mix unneutered male bunny. They are separated and have different play times but met today with the barricade between them.

It is as if they were long lost friends. They sniffed through the slats of wood, my lop peed on the floor ( didn't spray though). After I cleaned it up, they both groomed and then flopped.

Why didn't they try to fight? They aren't fixed. I expected chaos and there was only two very happy bunnies on their sides.

Their fur was touching through the slats and they at times appeared to lick each other's noses. Is this common??? I've been reading horror stories. After neutering, will they continue to get along so that I can house them together?

There are exceptions to every rule :) It may be they are particularly laid back or just they are happy whilst the other is not actually in their territory. I take it you double checked the new guy is a guy ;)

It's certainly a very good sign that post-neutering they can be bonded. Wait til about 4 weeks post neutering to ensure the hormones have gone down and neutral territory of course but fingers crossed for you and them :)

My friend had 2 intact bonded males, she then got them fixed and they continued to stay bonded and now she has another set of bonded males, one was fixed, the other not but now they are both fixed and both doing great.

Bunbun and Coconut sound like it will be a breeze to bond them once they are fixed.

We rescued Mel and Van--they were bonded, intact males, which we had neutered first thing. Never had a single problem with them--they were two of the most laid back bunnies we've ever had.

I rescued a trio of feral bunnies, juveniles, two unneutered boys and a spayed girl. The boys bonded, the girl was the third wheel. :)

sas :bunnydance:

A while back, I had let 4 bunnies out on the floor to try and bond them together. The boys bonded together instantly and the girls bonded together instantly. None were altered, never fought but I would not riskit now. They were very tightly bonded as well. The boys were together until, sadly, one passed away. The girls, however, still live together though they have been spayed since. :)

Bunnies have always amazed me with their bonds. They just know who they want to be with.

ok. you have all convinced me to stay practical and rational. I am going to wait because I don't want them to ever hurt each other and since they seem to adore each other. I'm going to hope they continue to after neutering. I loveeee my bunnies ( just had to say it again!) :heartbeat:

my bucks do not try to fight through their cages. They totally ignore their surroundings and just care for their food. Put together they'd fight to the death.

Some of my does on the other hand at first try to fight through cages.

Latest posts

Back