A Little Bit of Mayham...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Arg, so things at my house are not going so great with the bunnies -- namely Zoey.

Mocha and Zoey consistantly have scraps but it's fairly easy to remedy (I need to split them up for a few minutes for them to calm down). Well yesterday they were out in the run and I was cleaning cages. They were happy for the 7 hours I was outside near them so I figured they wouldn't fight. I went into the garage to do some thing and when I came back out, there was a bunch of clumps of Zoey's fur in the run and only traces of Mocha's. I went into the run and found that not only did Mocha pull her fur out, he also bit her ear. :shock: She now has a little notch in the left ear. They have been fine since I put them back together -- I'm pretty sure it's because Zoey gets pretty territorial when she can see Chase running, so now I have to be careful to block them from view.

On top of that, Zoey has gotten pretty bad. I was trying to catch her to put her into her hutch a few days ago and she got so agressive that she started lunging at me, clawing at me, biting me... and she even so so bad that she went after Mocha (she NEVER does that, it's always Mocha going after her). So I'm not trying to retrain her to go into the carrier. She has not been at all agressive towards me since because I have been using treats to lure her into the carrier and haven't had to pick her up since. It's working pretty good but it's just so time consuming right now, I already barely have any free time as it is.

ARG is all I have to say.

What boogers!! I hope you can get them to calm down!

Nothing has changed that should make her act like this. She's always been like this (and she's always worse in the spring) so it's definitely not the addition of Chase that's done it.(plus she was quite aggressive a few weeks before he came here).

I know exactly what the problem is and unfortunately my schedule is putting so many time contraints on me (like today -- left at7:45 am and got home at 9:20pm)that I sometimes forget that I need to be patient with her. Since eliminating picking her up and using the carrier instead, she has not been aggressive and she is catching on pretty quick. All with time I guess... she is a real sweety when she wants to be.

Latest posts

Back