A Home For Bee

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelsons_Mom

Reaction score
As some of you may have read here: http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=71878&forum_id=1

I have to unexpectedly attempt to rehome my dear girl Bee for a second time. Hopefully this one will stick.

About her:

Bee is a four year old spayed Jersey Wooly Rabbit, which puts her at roughly four pounds, though she looks much bigger with all of the fluff!

If I had to describe her, I would say that she's an “under the radar” sort of bun. She is good in her litter box, generally doesn't make a lot of noise with her toys, and isn't very pushy when it comes time to be fed.

She is shy. While she isn't untouchable or feral by any means, she's one of those bunnies who enjoys the company of other rabbits to that of people. If you sit on the ground, she'll come up to you, give you a couple of sniffs, accept a minute-long ear rub and then be on her way until she deems you necessary of further attention.

However, just because she does not want to be super snuggly does not mean that she does not want to be involved. She loves to play with things that roll (but preferably don't make a sound), and LOVES it when I stack cardboard tubes upright like trees. She takes such joy in purposefully knocking them over.

I am actually curious to see if she would develop more personality in a different environment with a bit of work. My male is super snuggly and demands a lot of the physical attention and her sister is busy being what I can only describe as a snot. She'll take the broom when I'm sweeping up, drag the litter box across the pen, and do anything in her power to escape. Bee has always been the “I'm going to sit in the corner and do as I'm told” bun. Given an opportunity to not be so overshadowed, she might blossom and demand more attention. Or, she might not. But either way, I am just looking for a home that will respect her personality and give her a chance to become a companion to a laid-back male.

Capturing her cuteness:

757.jpg

851.jpg

901.jpg

915.jpg

745.jpg

Additional Information:

I am currently living (and am officially moving full time to in may) in Indiana, Pa. It's about an hour and a half out of Pittsburgh and about three hours from Clevland, OH.

However, Bee is currently living with my parents until I move. They are located in West Chester, PA. This is about 20 minutes from Wilmington, DE and 45 minutes from the NJ boarder.

This means that I would be able to travel any reasonable distance (or even meet half way) from either direction. Of course, anywhere in the middle of the state between those two locations are included in that.

Sorry this is so long and thanks for the consideration.

Love the pic of her in the box.

Wish I could scoop her up and bring her to my tribe, but right now, it's just isn't possible.

Hoping you find a nice "forever" home for this sweet, shy girl. Maybe someone who just wants one so that the focus will be only on her and maybe that will help her come out of her shell.

She's definitely a beauty.

K:)

I wish I could take her home. I work in West Chester, so it would be so close. I just know that 4 is my limit and my husband would be furious if I brought someone else home. If you get desperate contact Luv-n-bunns, it's a local rescue. They might be able to at least help you with posting on petfinder.com

I just wanted to update by saying that I talked to my mom yesterday (since she still has the bunnies until June 15th) and she says that Bee has come a long was socially since being separated and that she is much more proactive in seeking human attention and companionship.

Latest posts

Back