A Hollands Ears???

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ayglnu13

Reaction score
(I'm not sure if this is in the right topic area but I'll give it a shot!)

Ok so here is my question:

My baby rabbit Lucky just turned 10 weeks old today and his ears STILL havent flopped over! Is that normal?

Here is a picture of Dash's ears when he was 9 weeks old

P6040227.jpg

And here is a movie of Lucky:

(click to watch it)

Is he just behind? I mean he didnt even open his eyes, I had to do it for him.

:) Hehe oh well I still love him even if he is a non floppy eared Holland Lop :D

~Amy

unless he is just annoyed or somethingbuggingthat ear i think he is going to flop soon! thats how Ryo held her earsbefore she flopped (but she is a flop mix, ears are down 80% of thetime, up the other)

Oh they are gorgeous! I bet he'll flop soon. Butsometimes certain Holland Lops have more ear control than others. It ispossible that his ears may never flop over all the way. Sometimes theyonly flop halfway and then they have what is sometimes called "airplaneears" which I think is the cutest thing ever. Either way he's going tobe quite handsome.

Lissa

Naturestee: Hehe thanks! And of course I am keeping him! He is my baby, he walks around the house all day following my feet :D

Manda: Well thats good news, I am hoping they will flop soon :D He is apurebred Holland lop and both of his parents have completely floppedears so I am hoping that his will too!

BunnyLover: Yeah I was thinking that he might have airplane ears aswell, but sometimes he holds them straight up, which is kinda weird fora Holland lop :)

The breeder I bought Tinkerbell from was alsoselling Holland Lops that had too much ear control, so she could notshow them. She said they would always have that much control. Some evenhad one ear up and one ear down.

I've seen that before too online, they call them "Helicopter" ears. :) I think he's a cutie pie anyway!

Hehe well no worries if I cant show him, Iwouldnt any ways:D He is my little guy so I am gonna get him fixed sowe dont have any territory problems!

bunnybunchof4 wrote:
The breeder I boughtTinkerbell from was also selling Holland Lops that had too much earcontrol, so she could not show them. She said they would always havethat much control. Some even had one ear up and one ear down.

I've seen that before too online, they call them "Helicopter" ears. :) I think he's a cutie pie anyway!

I've read that some lops take as much as fourmonths for their ears to flop (some six months), so don'tworry. Yes, you may have a little "airplane ears", but he mayjust be a later flopper. :)

I've had a mini lop (equivalent to an americanholland lop) who's ears never flopped, but he was still gorgeous anywayand I loved his airoplane ears to bits :)

Latest posts

Back