A Hay Story

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mynameisjeff

Reaction score
We've had our two buns for 2 years now, and they never cease to crack me up. For Easter this year we got our boys a wicker easter basket and filled it with a mix of timothy and Oxbow's Botanical hay, and they went bonkers over it. Recently I put some regular ol' Timothy in the basket, the exact same hay that is in their cages, and they went crazy for it, like it was the best hay in the world. They are just ravenous over whatever happens to be in that wicker basket. And I love the look on their faces as they attack this hay, with big eyes and this incredible urgency, like they've never eaten such marvelous hay before.

Here's a pic of Simon with his head in the basket:

MyPicture.jpg

lol, that's really cute.

I have noticed that rabbits are far more enthusiastic about something if they think they have found something they shouldn't have, lol, maybe they don't realize they are allowed it and think they have found it somehow.

Whatever it is, it's really cute :D

Hehe...how adorable!!

Flashy, what a perfect explanation...I'd be willing to bet that's exactly what's behind it, too! Hehe!!

:lol

lol, One of my tricks when a rabbit is not eating is to 'accidently' leave a bag of food around, and often, soon enough they are in the bag munching away.

They are quirky little animals, and so cheeky, lol, as Jeff's story shows.

he he he thats so sweet. I recently got Jessica some dried nettles from the pet shop and she tipped her bowl over and thumped at me and wouldn't touch it so I "accidentally" left the bag on the floor and she thought it was the best thing ever (I guess if she thinks she is being naughty she loves it :D) .. I'm going to have to get a wicker basket as well she what Jess makes of it, love the pic

Here's one of Austin with his little nose in the basket:

MyPicture-1.jpg

munch munch munch.

Something funny with Flower:

She'll be going around, and do something naughty, and will actually do her biggest binkies while running away after being told "no" for what she was doing! I think she actually giggles a little when she knows she's been naughty, hehe!

I think bunnies enjoy naughtiness...it's like a big ol' bunny game. :)

Cute little stinkers!! :D

Latest posts

Back