A good deal on a 2-pack of Super Pet GIANT cages...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, breeders & house rabbit owners certainly have different opinions on what is a big enough cage for bunnies :(.

It depends on the breeder, thank you :p I might can not give cages to the bunnies in the barn the size of the ones I use in the house but I would not keep a bunny in a 12 x 24. The bigger the better for me - 5 foot x 2 foot, 3 1/2 foot x 2 foot, 3 foot by 2 foot, 2 1/2 foot by 2 foot. I do the best I can with what I have, if it came a time when I had to use such small cages that would be a time when I would have to quit breeding and sell some of them.

My opinion as a PET owner is that a 30x18 would be a perfectly fine size for many of the dwarf breeds. The rabbit I house in a cage similar to that is a PET, not a breeding rabbit. That is plenty of room to lay down, stand up, turn around, move back and forth. Your posts are coming across as if it would be the equivalent of stuffing a rabbit into a shoebox-size cage, and it is certainly not. Rabbits can be happy in MANY different environments, especially with mental stimulation from different toys and interaction.

Using these cages as just a carrier is your choice, but I certainly wouldn't lug one around. lol!

Eh....argue about OTHER Super Pet cages in a different thread, not mine pertaining to the Super Pet GIANT cage, please. It's just clogging up the info on the SP Giant.

People questioned me about them, so I was answering. My original post was intended to help, since it was in relation to a similar kind of cage. I'll be sure to refrain from doing that ever again.

Hmmm... :ponder:

Does anyone know if any online store carries the single cage cheaper than Petsmart?
I need to buy one for Dunkin, I already have one for Amber. His NIC cage isn't working out.

Happi Bun wrote:
Hmmm... :ponder:

Does anyone know if any online store carries the single cage cheaper than Petsmart?
I need to buy one for Dunkin, I already have one for Amber. His NIC cage isn't working out.

I have only seen it the cheapest as a single at PetSmart. I found the 2-pack while searching for the cheapest singles...so it worked out for me because I needed 2.

thanks for posting this! I cant wait to get my bunny! Im about 3 or 4 months away from being able to (getting my own place!) and I am thinking that these would be perfect!

Latest posts

Back