A good brush or comb for a fine haired bun?-netherlands dwarf

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elliot

& Carole
Reaction score
Elliot is a Netherlands dwarf, and he is once again shedding his beautiful coat. The problem is I have yet to find an effective way to brush him. I have tried brushes, combs, and even my dog's furminator{only for a moment because it seemed like it might hurt him} His hair is so fine that everything just runs through his fur, but won't catch on it to remove it. Do any of you have a specific brush you use that works very well? Can you provide a pic or a link? Thanks in advance.:bunnyheart

So far Sophie only tolerates a bristles brush and hand plucking. I tried the furminator, zoom groom and though these two products work great in theory, they pull too much at her fur and she won't tolerate them at all. Luckily I didn't have to buy them, I already owned both for my cat! The hand plucking is good because you know exactly what areas you're touching and how much pulling you're doing. Then I wipe her with a damp cloth to remove any loose fur. I like that horse block idea though, may have to try one:). Good luck

Back