A general rant about the stupidity of some people

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
gentlegiants,

i will pay the $20 fee that the chick with the rabbit would have had to pay. for 40 lbs of feed, i'm happy to help you take in as many animals as you can rescue. let me know how to paypal to you!

tracy :)

God, I hate people like that. I could go on a HUGE rant about the college students I see, but I'll leave that alone. I'm a full time college student and I take care of my two bunnies - every once and a while I may have to skip a day of cleaning if something goes really crazy. The real reason she's getting rid of him is because she doesn't care enough to MAKE the time for him :grumpy:stupid people!

I'm so glad he's going to be with you! I'm sure he'll be so happy to be treated properly. I agree with Shiloh - we need pictures when you get him :biggrin2:

First off, I want to say a HUGE thank you to Tracy for donating the $20 to me that this girl said she couldn't afford! Tracy, this is a big help to me right now, thanks a million!

Ok, well, I got the bunny, and I am half-way in love already, of course. He is so teensy, and totally unafraid of anything! My kids were gathered around petting him, the dog and cats were taking turns sniffing him, nothing fazed him. He has already given me kisses, and a couple little nibbles to, LOL. Here are teh promised pics:

002.jpg

003-1.jpg

Here is me petting him, he loved it so much he went all limp and rested his head on the edge of the dish. You can tell by the look on his face he is about to fall asleep!

005-1.jpg

An arial view of the cage he is in now, quickest thing I could throw together.

010-1.jpg

And what she has been feeding him, does anyone know anything about this feed? It has a pretty high protein content I know, 18%.

009.jpg

And would you all like to know how she was transporting him? When she drove up, he was sitting on the dashboard of her car.

He is sooo cute! He has just about the most luxurious ears I've ever seen, they're so long :inlove: What kind of lop is he do you think? Are you going to keep him? He looks and sounds so sweet... Does he have a name yet? I would have a hard time not keeping him! I'm so glad he's in good hands now :woohoo

I feed the timothy hay but to my adult rabbits.

I do not feed that formulia but I do feed sunseed chevy seem to like it but I am trying to change I am not happy with it after doing research

No name yet, any ideas? Thanks for the info, Chevy, I think I will just mix it with my feed until it's gone. I don't know if I will keep him (it really is a him, I checked) or not, it just depends. Once he picks a corner to potty in his cage I will give him a litterpan, if I can find one he doesn't get lost in, LOL. I am not used to little bunnies, even my baby bunnies were bigger than this at five weeks! He is about 9-10 weeks if this girl was right about how long she had had him.

What a sweety! And of course name suggestions, I looked up names that meant 'blessed'. Asher, Benedict, Benoit, my favorite is Bennett which means 'little blessed one'.

Is there gunk on his nose in that first picture?

Yes, there is. I am hoping it is environmental from having a dirty, enclosed cage, she had him in a glass aqarium. His feet are slightly stained as well. I am going to keep an eye on it for a couple of days, see if having a clean cage and air circulation clears it up.

Cutie! I like the name Asher, actually. Especially since he's also ashcolored.

Hopefully the nose discharge is just from the lack of ventilation and the dirty cage. If she hadn't cleaned it the whole time it probably reeked of ammonia. That can cause runny noses and eyes because it stings, poor little guy.

:inlove:What an adorable little fella!! You are so wonderful taking him in. I can't imagine what would have happened if you didn't. I'm sure he's going to be a much happier bunny.

You deserve more than $20 for taking him in (don't forget you're probably going to end up having him neutered). PM me with your paypal address and I'll contribute $20 too.

What a little darling! He's so sweet....and you are awesome for taking him in! He'll be a healthy, happy little guy now. It's too bad that stupidity isn't a crime...you could've made a citizen's arrest....what a dope! Have you picked out a name for sure? I like Asher, too. Just my $0.02.

The stupidity of the general college population never fails to floor me.

I mean, I got four buns, go to school full time and work. And one of my buns gets meds twice a day. Not that big of a deal.

He is so cute. Yes I wish you could of let that girl have it age is not a excuse.

What did my mom say. Excuses are like a**holes everybody has one. I also like asher. Sorry if I seem hard today But I am still upset about my animals and I had a reason I wish people would learn. It makes me so mad that she had no reason but she just let him go like that and never took care of him.

People in this world need help.

I am so glad you got him and he is safe with you. This is not unusual. Lots of people like this girl out there unfortunately. I've taken in several rabbits from soon to be college students, one mother and daughter were all distressed about it, surrendered a sick rabbit to me, no cage, nothing, no name even and they told me they had had this rabbit for like 5 years. I said, if you love her so much and are so distressed why are you not trying to figure out how to keep & care for her? Their answer: we just don't have time. GRR. I understand your frustration.

But he is so adorable and he is safe now with you!

Latest posts

Back