A Foster Bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brearune

Reaction score
Hello, all! I figured I should start something to document the year in which I will be caring for my foster bun, Eckhart (AKA Eckie)!

Firstly, some about myself.

My name's Bre (Breanne). I'm 22 (23 next week) years old, and I live in Rhode Island of the USA. I live with my boyfriend, Roger, who is 25. We rent a 2 bedroom apartment in Cumberland, near the Massachusetts border of RI. I work at a Sunglass Hut in Providence (RI's capital) and I'm very happy with my life!!

We have 2 cats - a 3 year old black and white tuxedo DSH named Mickey (male), and a 1.5 year old DSH calico girl named Allie (AKA Oopie). These cats belonged to my boyfriend before we were dating, and are now my darlings!

I've had experience owning and caring for the following animals: Fish, rats, dogs, rabbits, cats of course, birds, lizards, turtles.

I am a very crafty person, and love art (my major), and creating clothing, beadwork, and anything else, really!

How did I get my foster bun?

Well, let's see...

When I was 21 I was working at a Dunkin Donuts. That's where I met Kaylin, who would become a good friend of mine. We didn't start hanging out until earlier this year, when I was 22. While hanging out, Kaylin was telling me about her trip planned for September, to go away to Europe for a year. No mention of hte bunny was made.

Somehow, pets came up. I told her how much I adored my old rats, and some facts about owning them. She mentioned how it seemed similar to rabbits... and was inspired. She asked me if I would be willing to take her Eckie while she was away. She had just about given up and thought she was going to have to put him up for adoption. With some persuading to Roger, I managed to get him to agree.

in September, with only a week's notice, we took in sir Eckie. :)

We knew nothing. That's when I looked up this site. I learned a lot, and did my best to make Eckie happy, even though he's just not used to being held. He's a tough lil guy! He's showed our cats who is boss, and now dominates our spare bedroom entirely.

It's certainly a learning process, but we already are making plans once Eckie goes back to his mommy, that we might try getting a pair of mini rexes and showing them.

So.... welcome! :)

Click here to view my facebook album dedicated to Mr Eckie!
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2081202&id=194804641&l=2eac838e98

Latest posts

Back