A Flemish Update

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dajeti2

Reaction score
I have received numerous questions andpm'sregarding me getting Flemish in July. Let me say WOW whatgreat memories ya'll have.

I have been doing a lot of soul searching lately.I have alsocried. I am not going to be getting any Flemish come July. I wasplanning on bringing five new rabbits into the house at one time andit's just too much.

I'm the type that wants to know my babies like the back of myhand and with five plus Apollo that would have been impossible. Itwouldn't be fair to any of them and I can't do that.

Iam getting Christa and Hopi from Gypsy in July. Ihave been with them since pretty much day one and they mean the worldto me. They are also already boded so getting to know them will be mucheasier. Plus Gypsy tells me all about them all the time so I know theirpersonalities already.

I will be getting my Flemish within the year. I will be goingto be getting them from the breeder I got Apollo and Athena from. Itmakes me a bit sad but I must admit It just feels right.

I am so touched and amazed ya'll remembered.

Tina

Just curious who your breeder is ;)

You know what is best for you and your babies. You can sharein the joy of all of us new Flemmy moms and dads and our explorationsinto the breed =)

That's exactly what I have been doinglol. I love Flemish babies and watching all of you new moms and dads isreally a treat.

My breeder's name is Charles Bryant out of Dallas, NorthCarolina. He is an awesome breeder and kind hearted person. I loveApollo's big head lol and he's the only breeder I have found so farthat has them.

Tina

He is a very handsome boy =) And BIG!

I showed pictures of Apollo to the boys I work with and they wereamazed that rabbits get so big ::laughs:: wait until I get Anubislitterbox trained and harness trained =)

I was floored when I saw Anubis for thefirst time. I wantso bad to breed the blue Flemish. My breedersuggested I start off a bit easier as the Blues are one of the hardestto breed true.

I will be bredding Whites, Light Grays and hopefully Steel Grays and Blacks.

Wait until they get a load of Anubis lol. Bring your camerabecause the looks on their faces are going to be priceless.

Tina

::laughs:: My breeder breeds almost soleyBlues. She had like 10 of them at the show includingAnubis. He knows he is handsome too =) You should see thepictures I posted on Camelot thread ;) He was hamming it up all day!

I like the greys too, I have always had white buns so I wanted something different, but Apollo is a REALLY handsome boy =)

Tina, I really feel for you, I know youwanted the Flemmy real soon. But I do think you are doing theright thing. you have so much going on, and I think it will be betterto get to know your rabbits as individuals. Your time for anotherFlemish will come, never fear :) - Jan

Tina: I was wondering, but I didn't want toask. I know how much you were looking forward to gettinganother flemish, but I believe that the right one will come to you intime. If you were meant to have one in July you wouldn't havechanged your mind. I'm sure the baby you were meant to havewill come into your life when it's ready.

Jen

Wow I agree with Cirru, Maybe it is not meant tobe. Just like Thumper may not be meant to be for Cirru but Abby is meanto be for you cirru.

It will come around for you and I know it is. When I got Bella a puppy.We had for for 6 months and she would not potty train and we had torehome her to a nice fenced in yard. I think that Bella really wasn'tmeant to be living with us. I know that I will get another dog for ourDog Samantha. I have been wanting another black cocker spaniel male andname him after my previous black cocker beagle mix Isaac. I know that ablack cocker spaniel will come around when time comes. Just be patientand it will happen

I will contacting the breeder andletting him know whatI am looking for. He was so awesome andsupportive when Athena passed. I look forward to getting my babies fromhim.

I'm hoping for another Apriltrip so I can meet Charles at theshow. I'm hoping to get Apollo registered by then and show him while Iam picking up my babies.

I think it will be best for all bunnies and people involved toget a routine down for Christa and Hopi before adding anymore. Christais so small she will definitely take some getting used to. I'm so usedto Apollo is a bit big. Hopi will be a good sized girl so she doesn'tworry me as much as Christa.

Thank you all for understanding and being so supportive. ya'll are awesome and have memories like elephants lol.

Tina

Oh Tina I think things happen for areason. Your thoughts on waiting to get the other Flemishmake perfect sense. Christa and Hopi will be able to get yourfull spoil-- I mean attention. :) And it will alsogive Apollo time to get used to having new additions to the family aswell.

Back