a fighting bunny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brituk

Reaction score
Hi Guys it been awhile but I am in need of someadvice! Tiny is thriving and we really enjoy having him as amember of our family but this afternoon my 23 month childoffered him a carrot and Tiny got on his Hind legs and the only way Ican describe it is that he boxed her to the ground, He looked likeOscar De la Hoya taking out his rival. It scared me to deathand he has been in his cage ever since. Is this normalbehavior or should I be worried and how does one tell a bunny off???

Normal! Adolescents (adults too) often go througha phase where they are somewhat aggressive. That's when you'll see that"boxing". Both males and females do it when they are irritated. When hedoes that, put your hand over his ears and push his head to the ground,saying NO firmly.

It may be normal....but you can keep him from getting away with it!! :D

If he is still young he will probably settle down later. If he'sotherwise friendly I wouldn't worry too much, just show him who's boss.

Rose

Thanks Rose, I was worried because he is neuteredand has been an angel, he is a nineteen months old GiantFlemishand weighs 14pounds and my 23 month old onlyweighs 20 pounds, Hopefully after a stay in his cage maybe he will bein a better mood!!!

Maire

biiig bunny!!!!

Yeah, at 19 months he's probably just asserting himself. It's amazinghow much my big boy changes as he grows up. And I'm guessing I'llprobably see some aggression from him at some point (he's not neutered)Actually, though, so far his hormones have helped in that he's mady inlove with me and is so busy squeezing as close as possible that Ihaven't seen the attack bunny mode yet. But his dad went through that!!Boxing, biting....and he turned out so sweet later.

so there's hope! Don't worry! Theygo through akind of Jekyll and Hyde in the first two years.

Rose

Latest posts

Back