A few rattie pictures...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undergunfire

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I did another bonding in the bath tub the other night. Leonidas, the standard black capped boy) lives alone, so I was trying another bonding session to see if it would work out. I have been doing bonding sessions for about 3 months now, and it is not working. I think that Leonidas wants to be on his own. He might like a baby female rat (he is neutered), but that is something to think about for the future.

So, once Ryan and I get our place in May (or so)....I will be buying a Super Pet Exotic's cage for him to move into. The SP exotics cage can hold up to 4-5 rats, so he will have plenty of space. Then, I will be letting my trio of boys have the huge Fiesty Ferret cage all to themselves.

Leonidas:

l_1a242f9875188a1c8122c498dbb3f2ba.jpg

Spartan, Louie, Leonidas, and Ralphie:

l_f9ccbe4adc5ce8f5dd09efdd2cbd9703.jpg

Leonidas and Spartan:

l_3812555fcfa994da4ae13b4511790f58.jpg

Ralphie and Leonidas:

l_70e7cf1cedcff57ce1e4b5e26aa88e22.jpg

All four of my boys. Look how big Ralphie and Louie have grown :D:

l_4842024b30ada13663f494c89a0704ad.jpg

The next three are of Spartan baby:

l_cc1221dd4d6cfd1e8dc39f072ee4a4af.jpg

l_b742d4f4dfaaa83af8f8e4cbfa51f783.jpg

l_03260afa135307dc49be7d5136d2dece.jpg

Thanks, you guys :biggrin2:!

Their cage really is great. I am so happy that I bought it. I love the cage, but wish I would have gotten the Ferret Nation because it has solid levels, so I wouldn't have to use linoleum tiles on the wire floors. BUT...when my ratties pass on, I take breaks from having more, so storing a Ferret Nation would be h-e-doube-hockey-sticks because of it's massive size, haha!

Montana, Spartan Baby sends you many rattie kisses :). He wants you to know that he is going to be doing a Valentine's day photoshoot soon ;).

They are absolutely stunning! Love the hairless!
I am the Rattymommy to 29 Rats. 6 of which are 6 days old today, and the other 2 that is being nursed in the same litter (Feeder Rescues with no mom) are approx. 10 days old. :) Boy, I love Rats!

DorkyTTx wrote:
I am the Rattymommy to 29 Rats.

29 ratties?! How did so many lovely rats come into your life?

You must start a new thread ASAP with pictures, stories, pictures of their cages, their food mixture, ect!

I love hearing about more rat loving people on here :biggrin2:.

Well, as of today, we are the proud parents of 32 Rats. We rescued 3 more approx. 3 week old babies from a feeder tank today. So they're being fed from a bottle 2-3 times a day and starting to eat hard food.

As for the rest, 6 of them are from a litter my doe recently had (I have started breeding Rats, my first litter!) but she is mothering a total of 8 as she's fostering two, 2 week old rescue feeder babies.

The other Rats..well... Kind of like potato chips, can't have just one (or two!)! :p

I'll try to get around to posting pics of everyone (Or at least some of them :p) along with some info. :p

Aww! I missed this! I love seeing your rats!

They look so fun hehe... what kind of noises, if any do rats make? I've only seen pet rats in person once.. and can't remember if they made noise or not haha!

Awwwwwww :inlove:

Spring wrote:
what kind of noises, if any do rats make? I've only seen pet rats in person once.. and can't remember if they made noise or not haha!

Thank you, Leanne :). My ratties certainly add that extra "love/cuddle/laugh" at the end of the day :D!

Ratties do make noise, actually. It's more of an "emotion" noise, when they do make it, though. My guys will squeek when they run around their cage and wrestle with each other. When I take Spartan out for cuddles, he will "eye boggle" (move his eyes in and out really fast) and brux (chatter his teeth)....it's a sign that it feels good and that he is quite happy!

DorkyTT....a grand total of 32? Wow! You are surely a "rataddict" :p.

Are you on www.goosemoose.com? It's a wondergul rat forum, with lots of members. If you aren't on there, you should certainly join and share pictures and stories there, too! I will be able to see all the pictures there, and we can put the link to the thread you start over there, to here, so anyone on this forum who wants to see your babies, can follow the thread to goosemoose:). Was that confusing? lol!

Tomorrow is rat cage cleaning day. Oh, and a special "SUPRISE!" instore for the ratties......TAIL BATHS ;)....and rye bread dipped in olive oil to help their skin be more soft/moist. My guys get lazy and forget that their tails need to be groomed too, hehe.

I'll get some pictures and post them in this thread for anyone interested. The rats might not talk to me for days, lol!

*Update*

Bonding is succesful :). I think Alicia's successful bonding of the 4 guinea pigs helped my rat bonding, hehe!

All four of my boys are now bonded and livining in their new Super Pet Exotics cage. I am selling their HUGE Feisty Ferret cage this week, it's too much of a large task to keep clean...and I was wasting tons of money on fleece for bedding, only for them to chew it up, then it had to be tossed into the trash.

I love their new cage. Ryan's mom and I have been working for part of the day on sewing new hammock sets for the new cage.

I'll have pictures to follow later. I am doing to clean their cage and redecorate it now :biggrin2:!

Well, if I could ship it to you, then I would :p. It would probably cost a pretty penny, though, lol!

Ahhh....I have been sewing since 11:30am until 8:00pm, with a few breaks to go to the grocery store and some other things...it's been a long day, lol. So, cleaning the rattie cage will have to wait until tomorrow...then I will post new pictures :D.

Before I got the bunnies I thought you could slap any two animals together and they'd get along just fine. Then I found out about rabbit bonding and thought "Oh my! These cute little guys are secretly EVIL! All they want to do is kill each other!" :p

Now I read you have to bond rats too? And guinea pigs? So rabbits aren't evil, you have to let ALL pets get used to each other by introducing them over time...silly me! I'm learning something new every day! :)

I guess that's what happens when the only pets you are allowed to have growing up is stuff you find in the woods :X

Congrats on bonding them BTW! :D

New cage pictures:

l_4dbb4c8919a0b2b2ca0edbdffc37727e.jpg

l_c7c9bcbaaa013ec4e957f9abfb9100ad.jpg

l_521d0ff9f7ed33a1e1e73b3a110ef0f5.jpg

Leonidas in his new hammie:

l_58402870d16ca45742e7e8979c0bd72b.jpg

And Ralphie, because he is a nekkid cutie:

l_d1e42bdf9a11bf7520133dac1319209f.jpg

Look at Ralphie when he was 4 weeks old :p:

l_20ccc6cd489699cef4b7a8c4ccac2d11.jpg

And a bit bigger :D: