a few questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pasmiles

Reaction score
How old should a rabbit be when you spade them???

I am using cat pellet litter in litter box is that bad should I use bedding instead???

Im not sure if I have a boy or girl???

I got my bunny the day after mothers day and the pet store said he was 3 weeks old

what a cuti pie

please help

Michelle

pasmiles wrote:
How old should a rabbit be when you spade them???Rabbits can be spayed/neutered at approx. of 6 months of age.

Im not sure if I have a boy or girl??? You can do a search of thearchives for the numerous articles we have posting on sexing yourrabbit.

I got my bunny the day after mothers day and the pet store said he was3 weeks old. I'm assuming you mean last mothers day, soyour rabbit would be approx. 1 year old and old enough to bealtered. I hope the pet store was mistaken about theage. The sale of pet rabbits under 8 weeks of age is illegalin the state of Pennsylvania.

Pam

http://www.geocities.com/pamnock/

How old should a rabbit be whenyou spade them??? Most vets won't do it until theyare 6 months old.

I am using cat pellet litter in litter box is that bad should I usebedding instead??? You need to change thatnow!!! Cat litter is too dusty and can cause respiratoryproblems, plus rabbits sometimes eat their litter and cat litter willcause a blockage. Actually, you can use a cat litter that iswood pellets, like Feline Pine or recycled newspaper like Yesterday'sNews. Most people here seem to use Woody Pet. It'sa wood based pellet and works very nicely. I think that usingbedding might be a bit confusing with litter box training.

Im not sure if I have a boy or girl??? There is agood site about sexing, with photos listed on the Cheat sheet forRabbit Care, you can find at the top of this page.

I got my bunny the day after mothers day and the pet store said he was3 weeks old I honestly hope not.Responsible breeders won't sell rabbits under 8 weeks. At 3weeks, they still need their mother. Are you sure they didn'tmean 3 months? How big is he/she? Whatbreed? Do you have any pictures you can post so people couldhelp you determine the age? In PA, rabbits cannot legally besold at under8 weeks.

what a cuti pie

please help

Michelle

I hope this helps you some. Good luck with yournew baby. If you really think he/she is so young, you can PMme and I'll try to give you a little advice. I have 2 babiesat home that I've had since 4-5 weeks of age.

Jen

I just saw Pam's post and realized that you must have meant last Mother's Day, sorry, I wasn't thinking -- bad day.

awwwwwwwwww it looks great thanks was wonderingif he or she look like it is 14 weeks old it is a rex they said I didntget any papers nothing like you get when you buy a dog is this how theyare sold

mine way 9 years ago on m,ay 8th we layed herout on mothers day I am only 40 way to young to be with out a mom and Ijust found out my father grrrrrr had her engagment ring reset and gaveit to his girlfriend 5 months after she died and thank god she gave itback I was wondering if she found out it was my mothers diamond he waytrying to pass off as a new ring I am so sad by this and I have notbeen thinking clear since sunday

Latest posts

Back