a few questions.

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RABBIT#1

Reaction score
She moves her litterbox all around.

Does this mean she likes it where she moves it? I see her using thespot her litterbox was in. Should I take it out? Also, alot of bunnieslike to lounge. she doesn't. She just sits.Does this meansomething? One more thing is she eats her straw in her sleeping area. Igive her hay, but she doesn't like it as much as she eats her straw. Isthis unhealthy?

Thanks.

Is there any way to secure the litter box in place? With some clips or something?

My girl will also move her litter box, then she'll for get she moved itand pee in the corner. Not very often, and most of the timeshe's having a hissy fit because she's low on hay or pellets.

Your bun may be lounging when no one is looking. I wouldn't say anything is wrong.

Try give more toys, or rotating toys to keep them exciting, so she doesn't get bored and decide to rearrange.

--Dawn

Not sure about hay vs straw. I've never heard of feeding straw though.

My Snuffles is really weird. He sits in his cage and facesthe wall sometimes. He was trying to sleep sitting up oncetoo. :shock:

Snuffles wrote:
Not sure about hay vs straw. I've never heard of feeding straw though.

My Snuffles is really weird. He sits in his cage and facesthe wall sometimes. He was trying to sleep sitting up oncetoo. :shock:
I've read that straw isn't recommended because of low nutritional value and that the edges can hurt their mouths.

My Speedy likes to face the wall at times too. I think she's giving the world the Butt...hehe.

Blyre

RABBIT#1 wrote:
She moves her litterbox all around.
FP266withscrew.jpg
Youcould try using a lock-on litter box like this one. What areyou using for litter? It might be becauseshe doesn't like thelitteryou use.For some reason my girls have beenusing theboxes almost 100% since I switched to wood pelletlitter. ;)

Well, I just give it to her to keep her warm. She is the one that eats it. Should I usebedding instead?

Blyre wrote:
Snuffles wrote:
Not sure abouthay vs straw. I've never heard of feeding straw though.

I've read that straw isn't recommended because of low nutritional value and that the edges can hurt their mouths.

My Speedy likes to face the wall at times too. I think she's giving the world the Butt...hehe.

Blyre

RABBIT#1 wrote:
Well, I just give it to her to keep her warm. She is theone that eats it. Should I usebedding instead?

Blyre wrote:
Snuffles wrote:
Not sure abouthay vs straw. I've never heard of feeding straw though.

Blyre
You're really not going to get around that because no matter what you put down, they're going to want to nibble at it.

I suppose if there'sno issues arising from using it that youcould continue. I'm not sure because I've never tried using straw inthe cage. I use a low-nap carpeting for the bottom of my buns' cages.

Blyre

Well, not really. If I put it in the front litter would goeverywhere,( she likes to dig to make it comftorable) and in this cxaseit would go into her food. I actually don't have any toysexcept afeather on a stick ,and I have to play this with her.(it's forcats.) wich a book said to get. She doesn't like itthough.

should I get her some toys? If so what should I get and were should I get it?

I tried paper towel rolls, but she doesn't like those either.

aurora369 wrote:
Is there any way to secure the litter box in place? With some clips or something?

My girl will also move her litter box, then she'll for get she moved itand pee in the corner. Not very often, and most of the timeshe's having a hissy fit because she's low on hay or pellets.

Your bun may be lounging when no one is looking. I wouldn't say anything is wrong.

Try give more toys, or rotating toys to keep them exciting, so she doesn't get bored and decide to rearrange.

--Dawn

naturestee wrote:
What kind of straw are you giving her? Oat strawprobably smells very yummy.
I'm not sure. The person next door to us used to haverabbits, and she gave us some straw she had. She said that my rabbitwouldn't eat it, but she is.

all I know is it doesnt have alfalfa in it.

What book said to give a rabbit a cat'sfeather-on-a-stick?:? Are you sure they didn't mean plasticcat toys with bells inside them? Those are popular.But the feather toy is meant to look like prey for a cat tochase. Rabbits don't do that.

Here's Sprite playing with a plastic cat toy with a bellinside. You can find ones like this or in a ball shape forless than $1 at most pet stores, grocery stores, Walmart, etc.
4dlowuw.jpg

She also really needs something to chew and wear her teeth downon. Do you know anybody with an apple tree that doesn't havepesticides on it? Apple twigs are yummy and are good for themto chew on. Willow twigs are also very good, but you shoulddry those before you give them. Also, if you have a HobbyLobby or a Michael's Crafts by you, they both sell small untreatedgrapevine wreaths for about 30 cents each. They're safe, fun,and good for teeth.

Other good cheap toys are toilet paper tubes with hay in them,cardboard boxes (put newspaper or hay inside for digging and munching),and old phone books. Here's a list with more good cheap/freetoys:
http://www.adoptarabbit.org/articles/2003/Toys.pdf

And a thread on making homemade rabbit toys:
http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=14833&forum_id=1

If she has more toys that she likes she'll be less likely to amuse herself with her litterbox.

Latest posts

Back