A few questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nessa1487

Reaction score
Do Rabbits have very good eye sight? I've always wondered..

I bought Skippy some chew sticks at petco..They are goose berry branches..he actually eats the bark off of them..is this ok? I just want to be sure.

Here's another good question. Skippy is starting to smell a bit, I clean his cage regularly..and his cage is starting to stink a bit,also. It smells sort of like really strong onions..I smell it on him, and in his bowel movements..his urine...etc..(Like in his litter box and cage.) Is that his scent glands? or what is it?

Also, my husband and I got him one of those little fuzzy beds for his cage..he thinks it's his litter box, how do I fix that problem?

Nessa1487 wrote:
Do Rabbits have very good eye sight? I've always wondered..

Check out this site:
http://www.bio.miami.edu/hare/vision.html

I bought Skippy some chew sticks at petco..They are goose berry branches..he actually eats the bark off of them..is this ok? I just want to be sure.

It's fine. Mine like those too.

Here's another good question. Skippy is starting to smell a bit, I clean his cage regularly..and his cage is starting to stink a bit,also. It smells sort of like really strong onions..I smell it on him, and in his bowel movements..his urine...etc..(Like in his litter box and cage.) Is that his scent glands? or what is it?

It's probably scent glands or cecals. Does he leave extra cecals or have any smashed on his butt?

You can clean out the scent glands with a cottonball and baby oil.

Also, my husband and I got him one of those little fuzzy beds for his cage..he thinks it's his litter box, how do I fix that problem?

Take it out!:D You can try cleaning it really well and leaving it out for a few days before you put it back in. If he keeps doing it, then he's just not meant to have one. I have the same problem with Mocha and a straw mat.

Back