A few questions about NIC Cages?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MCatCar

Reaction score
Hello! I'm new here, & I don't have any rabbits yet. :(I am saving up the money, and researching tons. I also still have to persuade my mom:shock:.

I have a few questions about NIC cages. I have seen them around the site, and I think that is what would be best for me!

1.I know the bottom is coroplast, but what do you use as bedding?

2. What kind of toys do you have in your cage?

3. May I see a picture of your setup?

4. How much did you pay for the cubes and coroplast? In my budget I have 65 total. Cubes-45, and coroplast-20!

5/ What type of bedding doyou use inthe litterbox?

Thanks,:pinkelepht:

I use fleece blankets as bedding in the cage. I just wash them when they get dirty.

My buns don't really like toys, so they don't have many. They do get grass mats, cat balls with a bell inside, hay cubes and cardboard stuff to chew.

I don't have any current pics of my set ups right now.

For Korr and Penelope's cage, I spent $40 for the grids (they were are sale, so it was 4 3 cube sets). A sheet of chloroplast is about $20 here for a 4X8 ft sheet. The dowels to support the shelves are probably about $7 for a 6ft long one. Zip ties are about $4 for 100. Duct tape (for the chloroplast) is about $5 for a roll, but you won't need the whole roll.
Lillians cage didn't require the same amount of grids, but it does have a larger area, so requires more chloroplast. I also only used zip ties to hold it together, not the connectors. She doesn't have levels, so I didn't need the dowels.

I use wood pellets in the litter box. Horse stall bedding or wood stove pellets are the cheapest and usually come in a 40 pound bag.

Welcome to RO:wave:

Your Cages 2009:
moz-screenshot-9.png
http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=46713&forum_id=93

Hope the above thread will give you some inspiration :)

By the way, if you add your location into your profile, we can more easily suggest building resources places and help you find good vets in your area.

I know they have a thread for 2009 cages, but there's only like 6, so any one want to post some more?

Back