A Dog Named Bo

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bassetluv

Reaction score
This is a short clip that is posted on YouTube; it is an excerpt from The Tonight Show, back when Johnny Carson was still the host. On this particular night Jimmy Stewart was one of his guests, and Jimmy had decided to read to the audience one of his poems that he'd written. It was an ode to his dog Bo.

I remember watching the show that night, tears streaming down my face at the end of his reading. It affects me just as much today to see it again. What a magnificent person James Stewart was, and what a love he held within him, for his family, his country, and even his ornery old dog named Bo.

Stewart has always been my favorite actor, and I thought that today, on what would have been his 100th birthday, it would be nice to share this touching moment of James Stewart.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61X67vE6SOo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61X67vE6SOo[/ame]

Oh wow - Jimmy Stewart was always one of my favorite actors....I never knew he wrote those poems that he would read.

I sat here in tears - and I never knew his dog named Bo. Then again - Jimmy Stewart often brought me to tears.

So what was your favorite movie of his? Mine was definitely Shenandoah.

LOL...I tend to love the sappy movies he made: Its A Wonderful Life, Harvey, The Shop Around The Corner, The Philadelphia Movie, The Glenn Miller Story. Shenandoah was a great one too! All of his movies were great though.

He was the quintessential actor, and they say he lived his life just as he played it on the screen. Was in tears too when I read that his last words just before he died were ``Ì`m going to go be with Gloria now` (his late wife).

Yep, apparently he was a prolific writer too, and wrote a great many poems over the years. He`s one of the few people I would love to have someday met...:)

I know this is an older post already, but I just had to say thanks to Bassetluv for posting the link. One of Stewart's best readings. I used to love it when something was so touching that even Carson would cry. I know I cried...

Speaking of Stewart's acting... has anyone seen "The Rope"? I believe it was a Hitchcock film done during war-time so film was very expensive and scarce. Each scene in the film is done to the length of a reel of film. So each fade-in and fade-out was one reel done in one take. Any mistakes or misplacements of props were caught on film and the movie was processedas such. Talk about great acting and a really nice murder-mystery. I recommend it to anyone interested in seeing a brilliant actor doing fabulous work.

I love the acting from that time period. I grew up watching Martin and Lewis, Gene Kelley, James Stewart, and Cary Grant (my heart throb). I feel so bad for these kids who don't even know who these great actors were. So sad they can't enjoy the simplicity of a clean family movie in black and white.

myheart

Latest posts

Back