A Day at the Zoo!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kherrmann3

Reaction score
I went to the Milwaukee County Zoo yesterday! It was "Family Free Day", so I dragged Will out of the nice, warm apartment and out into the cold to go stare at animals. Aside from my feet hurting like no other from a combination of bad footwear choices and going numb, we had a really good time. I have LOTS of pictures! I am going to make a bunch of slide-shows when I can get all of the pictures to load so you can check out the fauna at Milwaukee County Zoo!

:) Click to view the slide shows!

Birdies
Rockhopper Penguin, King Penguin, Inca Tern, Egyptian Plover, Sunbittern, Hooded Merganser, Peacocks & More!

Small fluffy animals
SPRINGHAAS, Fruit Bats, and a Kinkajou.

Primates
Baby "Mahal" (Orangutan), Golden Lion Tamarin, Japanese Macaque, & Mandrill

Fish/Reptile/Amphibians
Sheephead, Chinese Alligator, Some snuggly Monitor Lizards, & Poison-Dart Frogs.

Felines
Snow leopard, Lion, Cheetah, Jaguar, & Amur/Siberian Tiger.

North American Hoofed Mammals
Elk, Moose, Caribou

Assorted Animals
African Elephants, Bactrian Camel, Red Panda, Red Kangaroo & Sugar Glider

What some awesome pics!! Thanks for posting them!! The slide shows were a great idea. I do hope others will take the time to enjoy all of pics you took.

btw... I get dibs on the Red Panda guy...way too cute to not be in my home. :p

myheart

Thanks, myheart! :)

There used to be two red pandas there, but I only saw the one yesterday. One has a tail and the other didn't because of a previous injury. We didn't see the no-tail one. It could have been inside, but I don't know. There was only one springhaas too, so they could have just traded them out to other zoos or had a fatality... I have no clue. I was all excited to see the baby orangutan! I completely forgot it was there!

:) I sat in front of the Springhaas exhibit for a few minutes and Will almost had to drag me away from it! He had to go to the bathroom :( Whiner.

Latest posts

Back