A couple of showing questions...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hill-Hutch

Reaction score
So I will now be entering my second show season for 4-H and I have a few questions.

I have 2 junior bucks that I want to show in both quality and open...but I don't know if its allowed or it would work...

In the case that it is allowed and it could work, how would I train my 2 bucks to sit next to each other all pretty and nice with put them fitting?

Thanks for the help!
~Sydnie

Yes, its supposed to read "Without them fighting?". It won't let me go back and edit it.

Quality is where the judge assesses the quality of said rabbit(s) using the ARBA standards for that breed.

Open has nothing to do with 4-H.
The judge handles the rabbit and then scores them and then hands out placings if I remember correctly.

I don't know about your 4-H club but in mine if you're showing rabbits as a project then you can't be in the open class too.

I think i'll just go to my 4-H office and ask about showing my bucks on she same class.
I might just show one for all 3 of the shows.

Thanks for trying to help guys! I didn't realize I made this hard to understand. Im using my phone to write all this so there's a lot of spelling mistakes (stupid smart phone!)

if you mena show them in open, against older people competition,
Either way, staying in 4h or open or even youth. most bucks will sit still. Even my very buckish boys- and a couple of my sprayer type boys- sit calmly on the table as it's a much more busy environment and they are a bit wearier. A lot of the judges that I have met never seem to have a problem with the boys that adventure about on the table, they just re-sit them and look at them, and go back to the other boy and so forth. The coupes have wire on both sides(at least the ones down here do) so they just keep the wire closed on both sides if they don't want that perticular rabbit out. I've showned I think 4 in the same class before- it's a bit more difficult to get them all off the table when they are ready to go off and get them in the right hole in the carrier and still listen to the judge than it is to deal with boys on the table.

Judges don't let them fight and most of them don't. might hump each other but thats about it.

Okay, if I got this right.. you can't show the same animal in open and youth. You could put one in the open class and one in the youth class...or both in the same class. Have fun showing! :)

I just got confused by the wording. I didnt know what quality was and didnt know if open was the same open show we have in regular ARBA shows. Sorry about that i think it would be best to ask your 4h leader to clarify

alright, I've resolved everything. I will be showing a buck and a doe this year instead on 2 bucks. We have 4 showable rabbits and my sister and I will be the exhibitors. I will be showing a lilac chinchilla buck and a Broken Chocolate Chestnut Agouti Doe. My sister will be showing a black chinchilla buck and a blue chinchilla doe.

Thanks for all the help guys!

~Sydnie

Hill-Hutch wrote:
alright, I've resolved everything. I will be showing a buck and a doe this year instead on 2 bucks. We have 4 showable rabbits and my sister and I will be the exhibitors. I will be showing a lilac chinchilla buck and a Broken Chocolate Chestnut Agouti Doe. My sister will be showing a black chinchilla buck and a blue chinchilla doe.

Thanks for all the help guys!

~Sydnie

Wishing you and your sister all the luck with showing your rabbits. Let us know how it goes!

K:)

Latest posts

Back