a bunny thing or a moo thing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chorxley

Reaction score
I'm just wondering if this is something all rabbits do because they are prey animals or if this is just something mookie does.. I don't think the place I got her from was the great at all..
She likes being petted but she will flinch if she doesnt see my hand coming.. Even if she's come up to me for snuggles.. Its not like its an issue and she is a lot better about being petted than when I first got her but I'm just wondering if anyone could shed any light on this for me :)

The way their eyes work, rabbits can see better to the sides than to the front. Try talking to her as you start to move your hand. I think that should help.

Thanks..
Yeah after she flinches she's fine.. I don't know its just weird.. I do talk to her though I talk A LOT to her haha so maybe she doesn't know the difference..
Well I guess it doesn't seem to be distressing her to much..guess I'll just need to work on it.. Thanks again for your help

I think it can be hard to tame that flinching out of them. Rabbits are small, prey animals that many other animals like to eat, so by nature, they can be pretty jumpy about being touched.

Melody flinches whenever you touch his sides. Even if he is expecting the contact. Rabbits sides are very sensitive/tickleish.

I've startled Cassie plenty of times. I always just kinda rub my fingers together (like I'm pretending to snap softly) so she can hear my hand coming rather than be surprised by sudden contact or something entering her field of vision close-range.

Ours are very used to being handles and rubbed--some will still flinch a little and we think it's just a natural response of a prey animal. Most of ours are so used to us that they are flinch free, even when rubbed on their belly our the underside of their neck and chin. We had a couple that would nip til they realized it's just us, so we usually make sure they know what's up.

Latest posts

Back