a bunny that licks?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gumby

Reaction score
When I scratch Gumby behind his ears, or stroke his ears, he tends to cuddle up and lick my arm. It actually tickles. I was wondering if hes returning the grooming favor or if perhaps hes licking my skin because of the salt like taste (cowsdo this)? I'm assuming its the grooming issue. Is this common? I've only had him for 6 days now, but I think hes really taken to me as he Loves to be cuddled up. Any opinions?

Awww how cute! He loves you :)
Bunnies lick to groom one another- and it really means they like you!
Some buns lick, others do not :)
My two boys lick me, yet my female does not lick anymore (she used to.)

Well, I am glad to hear that because I am absolutely smitten with him!!

Some bunnies do lick more that others. It is usually them grooming you which means they love you. Some will just lick you whenever, but some will only like when you are 'grooming' them. My Lillian will lick me when I scratch her back.

He is returning the affection you are showing him. :inlove:

Licks from a bunny are something to feel very special about; congrats!

Oh my goodness! Embrace this behavior! It is so adorable and I think most of us never come in contact with it or at least not me, not even with my most lovable bunnies.

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
Some bunnies do lick more that others. It is usually them grooming you which means they love you. Some will just lick you whenever, but some will only like when you are 'grooming' them. My Lillian will lick me when I scratch her back.
most bunnies have a "licker" button on their back when u scratch it they start licking in the air then around their back where ur scratchin and on u if ur arms in the way..its a little bit further down then halfway on their back..try it..it works on most bunnies...i can get 8 of my buns to do it..the other 2 get irritated with me when i try.:)..some buns are very sensitive to this .

Lucky you! Muppet bites me every chance she gets when I try to touch her or pick her up. She's a hater.....:winkMiss Independent I call her.

It's pretty common for bunnies to have a "lick reflex" - you scratch just the right spot and they lick! Not all bunnies do though, and not all bunnies will actually like you when they're licking (some will lick the floor, furniture, or whatever rather than licking you), so he definitely loves you :)

My cuddles loves to lick also, she also is a "nudger" and a flopper.

If I hold my hand in front of her face she'll lean forward and nudgeit which means "pet me"...

If I scratch lightly or tickle her side she'll flop which means "is this great or what".

VERRRRY Adicting!

MAXX55 wrote:
My cuddles loves to lick also, she also is a "nudger" and a flopper.

If I hold my hand in front of her face she'll lean forward and nudgeit which means "pet me"...

If I scratch lightly or tickle her side she'll flop which means "is this great or what".

VERRRRY Adicting!
Maxx55 thats really sweet and not a norm thing for them..u got urself a kewl bun...
my first bunny Redrum flopped right next to me which at the time i didnt know was unusual.....shed hop over to me and blissroll right up against my leg...and if she got interrupted ..shed blissroll against me again...over and over again...i miss her.

Latest posts

Back