A binky??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mybabyjack

Reaction score
Okay, I must sound crazy because just yesterday I posted that I thought he was being aggressive!

Right now we have him out in the kitchen running around and playing and he has done that running move where he runs, jumps and twists and kicks-- I looked it up and multiple places (including here http://www.fuzzy-rabbit.com/behaviourfaq.htm) has said it is called a "binky." He has done it about 20 times! Is this normal for him to do it so many times in only about 40 minutes? He does it about every 2 minutes.

I'm sorry to be so worried-- this is like being a new parent!! lol

-Jamie

No need to be worried:). Obsessive binkying is a good thing! Jack is a happy bunny!

P.S. I completely understand the new parent worries. I have had my bunnies for less than a year and I remember what it is like!

Oh good thanks! We were getting worried that maybe if they did it TOO much it meant they weren't really binkies and he wasn't happy at all lol

We actually just got a really cute picture of him mid-binky! It looks like a HUGE hop, but we're going to upload it and I will post it in about an hour or so because it's so cute!

I was a little worried when my bunny binkied when she was young. She would do it around corners, and we thought we'd get ambushed by a little black ball everytime we went near a corner!

Your bunny must be very happy and content to be with you to be binkying so much. Keep it up. :bunnydance: The funniest thing about our rabbits is that when we yell at them for getting into things they are not suppose to be in, they tend to binky madly as they run away. Its almost like they are saying, "He He, this is fun. We get to get in trouble and get mom and dad all mad."

Just remember, their hasn't been a bunny yet that I knew that would binky for anything other then happiness. And a good binky day usually will bring out a smile on my most grumpy days.

Back