a bale of mixed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luvmyzoocrew

Reaction score
I can get a bale of mixed hay, with only a little Alfalfa hay this is ok for the buns and piggies right? I mean they will pick out what they dont want right? I dont know if i am safer just sticking with timothy or trying the all mixed bale?

I am certainly NOT an expert on nutrition, but I buy a mixed bale along with plain timothy and alfalfa and my bun LOVES the variety! Some days he goes all for the timmy hay, other days he only wants the mixed kind. I use alfalfa as a "treat" for him every couple of days, or whenever he is begging for it.

I think a variety is best if possible.

Variety is good. It allows a more natural forage type behavior and keeps them occupied. It's amazing to watch them go after that one special piece of hay they want. And different types of hay requires different types of chewing mechanics....and that works the teeth and keeps them worn down properly.

Randy

well i got it and it smells nice and it is green. Certainly looks better then the bale i got from the other person. I am excited and hoping that they dont protest and not eat it, i will introduce it with the other hay w hen it is about 3/4ths of the way through what i have already.

Latest posts

Back