Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rabbitgirl

Reaction score
Tank's little ones are doing fine. We have 7 bigones, 1 medium, and 1 tiny one. The little guy is really aggressive andactive.His belly is nice and round but what a littlesquirt. I thought he wasn't going to make it--he was tiny,underdeveloped and almost skeletal.He was pretty wrinkled anddidn't have much hair even though all the others did. Then all of asudden he took off. He's growing but slowly, and shoves everyone elsearound even though they are huge compared to him. There were two thatlooked like that but the other one has almost caught up to everyoneelse.

Pandemonium was a miracle baby too, the peanut that lived. She's 3 1/2and huge for her breed. She was almost dead, wrinkled,dehydrated,and so much tinier than her siblings. So I'mhopeful for this one, even though he's not out of the woods yet. He's 8days old and getting stronger every day. A little fighter. I hope hemakes it.

I experienced that too. I breed Babs and when shedelivered 6 but only one was born breathing and he was such a peanutcompared to the other babies. He got so fat by 1 week old old I was soafraid his stomach was going to burst. Then eventually the rest of himcaught up. He's 3 years old now and his mom died last year, but Iraised him so he didn't really know her. He falls asleep on his back onmy lap all the time.Pay him alot of attention and he'll befine that will make him stronger.

Roxanne

Congratulations, Rabbitgirl! :dude:

I guess that makes you a grandmother, ey?

Do keep us posted on all the goings-on of Tank and how she is as amother and how the babies are doing. Especially Pamdemonium, the feistysurvivor.

Tell us if she looks like she's swallowed a golf ball in the morning.

:)

-Carolyn

Carolyn wrote:
Congratulations, Rabbitgirl! :dude:

I guess that makes you a grandmother, ey?

Do keep us posted on all the goings-on of Tank and how she is as amother and how the babies are doing. Especially Pamdemonium, the feistysurvivor.

Tell us if she looks like she's swallowed a golf ball in the morning.
Oh, sorry for the confusion: Pandemonium is Izzy's daughter, notTank's, and is 3 1/2 yrs. old. The new little squirt doesn't have aname yet.

Yes, the little guy's belly is very round this morning. And he'snoticeably bigger than yesterday. He complained when I uncovered themand burrowed into the mound of siblings. Both smaller babies arereally pushy, like Pandemonium was. I think they learn earlythat they have to FIGHT for their rights! My guess is that they wereinitially just outcompeted for food in a large litter and are nowcatching up. The funniest thing is that their ears are the samesize as the big ones. They look like little donkeys. hehe

Both little ones are roughly half the size of the rest of the litter,with major attitude! The littlest usually ends up sleeping on top thebiggest--gotta be the warmest spot! The big one is massive, must takeafter Mom Tank.

In Izzy's litter, there were two huge ones and two tiny ones. One ofthe huge ones grew up to weigh a whopping 3 lbs. (Fenwick) and thelittlest one grew up to be a tiny 5 1/2 lbs (Pandemonium). lolol

Mama Tank is doing great. She allows me 5 min. of visiting time withthe babies before she pops her big head in to say "hey, come on,treat???" She climbs all over me and lets me pet her. She whistlesthrough the gap in her lower teeth when she's begging, so I hear awheezy whistle and there's Tank, pressed up in a tiny corner againstthe bars, with her mouth half open and her nose against thecage--trying to get noticed! When she does get noticed, she gets soexcited she trips over everything, including her own huge feet. She'slike a big puppy, really an amazing difference from when she came here.

Grandma Rose ;)

Dear Rose,

Thank you SO much for this fabulous story. It was so much fun to read. :dude:

Uh-Oh. Not only are donkey's ears big, but are they Stubborn!

Load up a donkey's back and they'll go quite far. Load it too heavy andthey'll sit down where they are and won't budge until it's corrected.(I've used that analogy at work. :D)

I wonder if their ear size is a reflection of a personality yet to be exposed.

Lady Tank is such a Love. It's almost as if she wants to keep thebabies from you to make you remember that She's your baby. Only fiveminutes visiting time before the nudges start? She's our Baby-Girl.

Please continue with the updates.

-Carolyn

I wish Tank WAS my baby. I'll miss her. She'sbeen the queen here. At least she'll have her full-time mate back whenshe goes home.

Rose

P.S. You're probably right about the stubborn donkey connection!!!

I am so glad everything went so smoothly foryou and Tank. The little ones sound like they are going to be a handfullol. I am just sooo happy for you. Any chance we can see a pic or twoin the future? Tank is being such an awesome mom and you are takingawesome care of Tank. Great update.

Thank you.

Tina

Back