9/11

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irishlops

Reaction score
today is the anniversary of 9/11.
(i think so, but it was not said on the news this morning, like some other anniversaries would)
any way, i wish for all the people who lost there lives in the attack, and helping to save peoples lives families peace.
R.I.P
:pink iris:

I never really knew the affect of it before.... I was watching videos about it on youtube with my friend Emma.. omg!

I was crying.... I can't believe this actually happened.

Prayers for all those familys and rip everyone who lost their life that horrible day...

I remember the day it happened. I got up 'cause I think my dad called and told me to turn on the T.V. it was on like every channel. I watched as much as I could before heading to work. Then we were watching it at work.

I watched live as the plane hit the towers it was scary and even scarier of them replaying it over and over again.

I didn't get anytime to watch T.V. today but I did hear it on the news this morning. I'm also glad that they have finally moved on and laid to rest there every year memorial. I am sad that lots of people lost there lives and loved ones. This was a terrible tragedy but do we need to be reminded every year?

My heart goes out to all the people who lost a loved one in the 9/11 tragedy. Today I took a moment of silence to reflect on the events that took place that awful day and give tribute to the victims and heroes.

:pray:

Alan Jackson - Where Were You

Where were you when the world stopped turning that September day
Out in the yard with your wife and children
Working on some stage in LA
Did you stand there in shock at the site of
That black smoke rising against that blue sky
Did you shout out in anger
In fear for your neighbor
Or did you just sit down and cry

Did you weep for the children
Who lost their dear loved ones
And pray for the ones who don't know
Did you rejoice for the people who walked from the rubble
And sob for the ones left below

Did you burst out in pride
For the red white and blue
The heroes who died just doing what they do
Did you look up to heaven for some kind of answer
And look at yourself to what really matters

I'm just a singer of simple songs
I'm not a real political man
I watch CNN but I'm not sure I can tell you
The difference in Iraq and Iran
But I know Jesus and I talk to God
And I remember this from when I was young
Faith hope and love are some good things he gave us
And the greatest is love

Teaching a class full of innocent children
Driving down some cold interstate
Did you feel guilty cause you're a survivor
In a crowded room did you feel alone
Did you call up your mother and tell her you love her
Did you dust off that bible at home
Did you open your eyes and hope it never happened
Close your eyes and not go to sleep
Did you notice the sunset the first time in ages
Speak with some stranger on the street
Did you lay down at night and think of tomorrow
Go out and buy you a gun
Did you turn off that violent old movie you're watching
And turn on "I Love Lucy" reruns
Did you go to a church and hold hands with some stranger
Stand in line and give your own blood
Did you just stay home and cling tight to your family
Thank God you had somebody to love

And the greatest is love

And the greatest is love

The greatest is love
The greatest is love

[flash=320,256]http://www.youtube.com/v/8oOW-1OwtCA[/flash]

9-11-01candlesimplelarge1.gif

Very, very sad, I remember when that happened. On days like this though I like to think of all the innocent people killed on both sides of the war.

I was in 7th grade art class. I will also remember that day the fear the unknown. Looking up at my mother and thankin god I still had her at my age I understood.

The school sent everyone home cause Houston was on the attack list.

I hope those people know we remeber them.

Gad Bless

I was a 19 year old brand new army wife living on Ft. Stewart. The post was completely shut down, no one could get on or off. My husband got home very late that night and was ordered to pack because they were on 24 hour notice to deploy if needed. I remember sitting on the floor just watching him pack his A & B bags with tears running down my face. This day still breaks my heart. My thoughts are with the the victims, the ones that died and the ones that lost loved ones :pray:

Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
This was a terrible tragedy but do we need to be reminded every year?
Yes... we really do. We need to remember all those innocent victims that died that day for no reason.. :tears2:

All the people who knew they weren't going to make it but left messages on their families answering machines saying goodbye as calm as they could.. :rose::rose:

I read about how the 9/11 victims' kids are now effected by it. Can't imagine how hard it would be...after all this time thier starting to get used to it.

Last night a bunch of cops drove through the streets and I was on a bike and thought we were all being pulled over (4 of us at the time) and for about 30 minutes harleys drove down the street in honor of 9/11. It was good to see the community kind of getting together to celebrate it. Not all people are bad :)

It was awful. I was at school and they had us on lock down because we were right down the road from an air force base.

My step dad was working at the navy base, and my dad was working at another air force base in a different state.

Definitely scary.

I had a friend of mine call and say, 'You need to turn on the TV'...at first I simply couldn't believe what I was seeing, then it hit me.
To see those planes go into those buildings, the people jumping from the buildings.

We should never forgot this day - just as great moments are immortalized in poems and songs.... an immense tragedy should not be allowed to pass by without some kind of memorial.

There were true heroes on that day..firemen that knew they were going up into those buildings and never likely to come home to their families - the men on the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania trying to take back control of the airplane. The people who, rather than run back down and out of the buildings, went in and tried to get more out ...

Those people and the sacrifice they made should NOT be forgotten.

p.s.

The woman who called me - her husband worked in the Pentagon and was scheduled to be there that morning - for some reason his schedule was changed and he did not need to go in that morning. It's almost certain she would have lost her husband that morning, and the kids their dad.

We were living off base at the time in a freakishly small town in Kansas. It was early morning before school had even started, and we were all corraled in the gym waiting to go to our classes. I remember them coming in and going "Just go to your home rooms, 1st hour is canceled". And we spent all day in homeroom watching the TV. My mom came and got my sister and I from school early and the next day we were moved onto the Army base at Ft. Riley, Kansas. Not long after that my dad went to Iraq. He's been two more times since then.

I was in class (downtown NY) when it happened. Our professor left the classroom to find out what was the matter... Then she dismissed us and said class was cancelled. I came to school on the subway and remember going underneath the towers where one of the stations is located. There was traffic and I didn't think anything of it at all. They said the wtc was on fire... So I left class, walked down the block... Just in time to see the first tower collapse before my eyes. It is the most helpless, lost feeling you can imagine.

I still feel an emptiness thinking about it 8 years later. I spent the rest of the otherwise warm fall day wandering the city, trying to find a way home. My parents were worried, cell phones didn't work, networks were totally jammed. I found one last train going back to Brooklyn where I lived then. It didn go anywhere near home but at least it took me off the island of manhattan. I walked the rest of the way home.

To this day I still try not to think too much about it. It was too sad, too scary.

I can only pray for those whose families cannot do anything but think of that day.

I actually have two 9/11 stories.

A friend of my roommate was moving back home to Argentina, ad she stopped in Kansas for a few days to visit on her way back. We didn't have a computer at the time, so she was using the computer lab on campus. The day before she was scheduled to leave, Maggie left her handbag in the computer lab. She went back for it, but it was gone, along with her passport and a sum of money.
The morning of 9/11, she was on the phone with the airline, as she'd missed her flight, and the agent said, "there's been a bomb scare, I'll have to call you back." Maggie walked a few blocks back to the apartment, and we turned on the tv in time to see the first plane hit.
Later that afternoon, campus called. Maggie's handbag was returned. (The money was all there, her passport gone.)
I'm not a religious person, but I believe someone was looking over Maggie that day. She was scheduled to fly in to New York City on the morning of 9/11.

I also have a friend who used to work at the Borders store at the base of the World Trade Center towers. She was working on 9/11. She left the store directly after the first plane hit. No one at the store was worried about the towers collapsing, but they were starting to see the people jumping from the building, and Jenny said she couldn't handle that. So she left with only what was in her pockets. Jenny said she was walking, and was several blocks away, but she felt the ground shake when the second plane hit.
She managed to catch the last train running out of the city, before everything was shut down. Phone service was down, so it was several hours before her husband made it home, and they knew the other was ok.
Several months later, someone called her at home; they'd found her drivers license in the rubble during cleanup.
Once again, I believe someone was looking over Jenny that day.

I think it's very important to remember what happened that day. So many innocent lives lost. So many heroes, who gave their lives trying to save others.

anneq wrote:
p.s.

The woman who called me - her husband worked in the Pentagon and was scheduled to be there that morning - for some reason his schedule was changed and he did not need to go in that morning. It's almost certain she would have lost her husband that morning, and the kids their dad.
I know someone with a similar story.. he was in the world trade centre 2 weeks before.. and he was supposed to back again but cancelled for some reason... :tears2:

irishlops wrote:
Becca wrote:
Luvr of Wabbits and Polar Bears wrote:
This was a terrible tragedy but do we need to be reminded every year?
well.. yes if you think of all genral terrorist attacks we always rember them.
omgh bombings
the bombs in london subsways is remembered
9/11
and many many others
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_terrorist_incidents
I get what your talking about. It is a tragedy but I dont think we need to be reminded every year. Lets do it ever 5 years. We don't we need to see it ever year.
This is just my opinion on it. The day it happened and hours after they replayed the planes crashing. I don't want to see that every year.

I actually saw very little coverage on the 9/11 anniversary this year. Mostly just about President Obama paying tribute. Of course after it happened it would be replayed over and over, that's what happens with any big news. I for one think we should be reminded every September 11, I feel it pays tribute to the people that lost their lives. They will never be forgotten.

9-11+NEVER+FORGET.jpg

I could never forget 9/11. I was in Senior History class when the teacher got a phone call from his mother. we got a tv from the 9th/10th grade global studies teacher and we turned it on, by lunch it was around the whole school. I skipped out of lunch early and watched oen of the towers fall on live tv(glad i hadn't eaten). A cousin lived or worked (can't remember now)near the twin towers, but him and his family came up to stay with us upstate for a little while afterwards.
Then the pentagon. my dad's cousin worked in an office that was destroyed in the pentagon, she's a translator. I'm not sure what she was doing there, but my dad's side of the family is very active in the military. Took her almost a week to get ahold of the rest of the family and let us know she was alright.
I can never, ever forget 9/11. I listen to mulitple songs that spawned from that day.
~Where were you when the World Stopped Turning
~The Eagle
~American Solider
~The Little Solider
and a few others that I can't think of the titles. It shaped my whole senior class. I was actually disappointed this year, we had some places that flew the flag at half staff and others that did not. I've had too many relatives go to Iraqi and Baghdad for this war on terrorism. *Sigh* so far everyone of them has returned home. I don't sleep on 9/11, I always remember what I saw on the TV's after lunch at school, it's terrible. I don't know how the poeple that live closer to NYC manage it, I'm 5 hours north near Saratoga. I found friends that don't live in NY don't understand it like us fellow NY'ers did.
I don't want to ramble but If you could have felt the way the rest of NY felt that day you wouldn't want to forget it. The fear, and terror. Seeing things that you don't ever want to remember seeing, but won't go away. Knowing that we are as strong as we are weak.

Blaze_Amita wrote:
I could never forget 9/11. I was in Senior History class when the teacher got a phone call from his mother. we got a tv from the 9th/10th grade global studies teacher and we turned it on, by lunch it was around the whole school. I skipped out of lunch early and watched oen of the towers fall on live tv(glad i hadn't eaten). A cousin lived or worked (can't remember now)near the twin towers, but him and his family came up to stay with us upstate for a little while afterwards.
Then the pentagon. my dad's cousin worked in an office that was destroyed in the pentagon, she's a translator. I'm not sure what she was doing there, but my dad's side of the family is very active in the military. Took her almost a week to get ahold of the rest of the family and let us know she was alright.
I can never, ever forget 9/11. I listen to mulitple songs that spawned from that day.
~Where were you when the World Stopped Turning
~The Eagle
~American Solider
~The Little Solider
and a few others that I can't think of the titles. It shaped my whole senior class. I was actually disappointed this year, we had some places that flew the flag at half staff and others that did not. I've had too many relatives go to Iraqi and Baghdad for this war on terrorism. *Sigh* so far everyone of them has returned home. I don't sleep on 9/11, I always remember what I saw on the TV's after lunch at school, it's terrible. I don't know how the poeple that live closer to NYC manage it, I'm 5 hours north near Saratoga. I found friends that don't live in NY don't understand it like us fellow NY'ers did.
I don't want to ramble but If you could have felt the way the rest of NY felt that day you wouldn't want to forget it. The fear, and terror. Seeing things that you don't ever want to remember seeing, but won't go away. Knowing that we are as strong as we are weak.
I dont think it was just new york that day. America was shook hard.

I will never forget

Latest posts

Back