7 week old wanting to mate his sister!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angela

Reaction score
Hi,
Hoping someone may be able to advise me please. My doe gave birth to 2 live kits 7 weeks ago now. Just tonight I saw the boy (Willow) start humping his sister (Bramble). I was totally shocked. Is this normal behaviour for a baby still so young? I know that I will eventually have to separate them but I had been thinking that I could wait until they were between 10-12 weeks old. Should I now separate them immediately? There is only the two of them (their 3 other siblings were stillborn) and they absolutely adore each other. It seems a shame to separate them so soon.

This has taken me very much by surprise. This is our first litter and so it's been quite a learning curve (but a lovely one).

As soon as I can figure out how to post photos here I'd love for others to tell me what colours these two babies are.

Many thanks,
Angela

They can stay together if you're in a pinch. Studies show that a buck's sperm is viable as early as 100 days, but in general their sperm isn't viable until 130 days old.

seperate them. The more they hump eachother the more they will rip eachothers fur out doing so. They may also become agressive towards eachother. 6-7 weeks is when I usually seperate mine, so this is normal.

Latest posts

Back