7 month old bunny and food

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs. PBJ

Reaction score
Ok so I feed Storm Fibre 3 its alpha based but he only eats a 1/8 cup a day.

Is this ok for a 7 month old bunny or does she need something else?

She already is getting alpha hay.

I'd wean her off the alfalfa hay ASAP by mixing it with grass hay until she only gets grass hay. You can do this over the next month or two. You need to encourage her to eat the grass hay, but at the same time she needs a lot of protein and a lot of calcium.

You can also juggle the pellets -- for now she should probably get as many as she wants, but start reducing them so that she's hungry enough to eat the grass hay. In about four months, she can be back down to the 1/8th of a cup, but for now that's not enough.

A lot of it you'll just have to play by ear. It's really a juggling act.

Is she getting veggies?

sas :bunnydance:

She has not got any as of yet that I know of.

I just got her today earlier.

She is on a crap pellet so I am going to wein her over the next couple of day hopefully I already took all the bits out of course and going to have to wean her quick because they only gave me about 2 cups.

I think I am not supposed to start vegys tell a year her and Storm if they bond will have to be separated cause he cant handle vegys.

But right now I want to wait tell a year right?

And Pipp I am working on the other things you have me doing been a busy week.

So she is drinking from her water bowl is it safe to take the bottle out yet or wait a few more days?

She is out hopping around now she is defiantly a carpet chewer

You can start veggies at 12 weeks, but 1 at a time and very small quantities.

I would leave the bottle for at least a few more days. Mine have both a bowl and bottle so they can choose depending on their mood. My French Lop drinks out of both and the mini-rex mix seems to prefer the bowl.

Back