7! 7! 7! 7!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loppalove

Reaction score
YAY! Today Rhythm kindled 7 gorgeous little babies! All are alive and doing great...so far. She is pretty much ignoring them, and I understand that this is normal. I am PRAYING, that when she feeds them she does not smash anyone :nerves1(she has done so in the past)...other than that everything else appears normal.

One quick question, momma is broken blue, most of her tummy is white and covered in blood...can i bathe her in a bath tub with a little water in it, or will she clean it herself?

Logan

:)

I'd let her clean it herself. Momma rabbits have an instinct to make the nest and herself smell as little as possible like a snack for predators, so they are usually quite good at cleaning up the afterbirth, blood, etc. At this stage, you really don't want to stress her out, so I'd just let her be. Although I'm not a breeder, so this is all second-hand. Congrats on the large litter!

Aw congrats!
I'd leave her be too, you don't want to stress her out anymore, she'll clean it off eventually.

loppalove wrote:
BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
Congrats! :)
Do we get pictures of the little cuties? Can ya tell what colours they are yet?

Emily
i think some of them will be broken (mom is broken blue) others are looking solid, dad is gold tipped steal.
They'll most likely be black, possibly some agoutis in there.

Latest posts

Back