6 NEW BABIES!!!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mewlingcricket

Reaction score
Hey everyone. My choc otter Netherland Dwarf doe kindled this afternoon and gave me 6 kits. They were all squiggly and warm. :D Let's hope she has better luck this time than last and the entire litter makes it.:pray:

12828_201809_320000000.jpg

Dam: choc otter Sire: Black Himi

Congrats and good luck?
I'm guessing Uno is the dad? wow if so its strange that there are no himis in the litter:)

Yes Uno is the dad. I know there are a few otters (cute pink bellies) in the group but I am not completely sure what I do have, I will have to wait to see as they get fur. All my other litters have been so obvious I knew right away what they were....oh well, I guess I will get better with practice. :)

day 2....so far so good we had 6 warm and wiggly babies this morning. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed that when I check on them later their little tummies will be full. (i check on them a couple of times a day until I know mom is feeding then I only check on them once a day)

Just looks like the 2 in the picture something wrong with the back legs. But I dont know. I was just wondering about this dwarf gene stuff that can happen with any breed.

I see what you mean. When I pulled them out to check on them a few minutes ago I looked each baby over much more carfully. There is one kit whose back legs are a bit shorter than the others, but it doesn't look drastically so, I will have to keep an eye on it to be sure.:biggrin2:

Here is todays photo :big wink:

12828_211048_570000000.jpg

Teehee. This is why I always give them 24 hours before I start taking photos (unless super need be).
The majority of newborn dwarfs look super duper deformed before they've been fed.

CUTE babies, and an AWESOME litter!
That chocolate otter is going to be worth a lot. x.x;

Latest posts

Back