5 week old bun

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

samandshawn

Reaction score
I help out in a animal hospital and four babybunnies were brought in today, they said they are English lops, well inow have one lol, not sure if I have a boy or a girl but I think its agirl and she is so pretty,I have never had a bun younger than9 weeks beforeandI was wondering if there isanything extra I have to do because its so young? They saidthat they are weaned so this should be ok, any advise would be greatlyreceived,I want to make sure she is ok and I am doing all Ican to ensure she grows properly, thanks in advance for any help

I can't wait for pics!

Did they give you some of her pellets, or at least tell youwhat brand she was eating? I would not change her food as sheis so young. Also don't give her any new treats and no greensuntil she's older. Young rabbits can be sensitive to foodchanges.

I would get asmall can ofKMR and cut it inhalf wioth water andgive it a dropper full 3 or 4times a day for at least 2 weeks thatway she is beingsupplimented with her pellets andyour sure sheis getting plentyof fluids . also a dropperof water every 4 hrs or lessif she acts thirsty .5 weekl olds are easier thannewborns but should have a bitof suppliment untill at leat 6 1/2 weeksold , You shouldnt have to stimulte forpooping and peeing but watchcarefully and be s ure sheis going pottyand its also agood idea to get her used to a litterbox now I did and havent regrettedit for a minute.

gypsy wrote:
I would get a smallcan ofKMR and cut it in halfwioth water and giveit a dropper full 3 or 4 times aday for at least 2 weeks thatway she is beingsupplimented with her pellets andyour sure sheis getting plentyof fluids . also a dropperof water every 4 hrs or lessif she acts thirsty .5 weekl olds are easier thannewborns but should have a bitof suppliment untill at leat 6 1/2 weeksold , You shouldnt have to stimulte forpooping and peeing but watchcarefully and be s ure sheis going pottyand its also agood idea to get her used to a litterbox now I did and havent regrettedit for a minute.
Thanks whats KMR? She ispooping and peeing fine, they didn't tell me what food she was on asthey didn't know, apparently the mum refused to feed the baby's anymore so they were brought in to the hospital and re-homing center withthe mum and dad and a older brother. Thay only came inyesterday and were rehomed right away, as there is no roomleft. I was going to have the6 month old brotherbut I thaught it would be eaiser to litter train a baby

KMR is Kitten Milk Replacer ,it comes either powdered or premix, get the premix its easierto deal with , ie: no lumpsand blended smoothly . Im not sure whatthe Equivalent is where you are .

doesnt matter themake and Puppy replacer willwork also If you already have that , Itsbasically the same formularvery little difference.

Back