4H rabbit shows

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

[r o s i e]

Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you do 4H rabbit shows. I wouldn't call Rosie a show rabbit but are there classes that don't judge on how the rabbits look? Like how well they can be handled or something?

4-H shows often have showmanship classes that are judged on how well you handle and show your rabbit.

Some 4-H shows have costume classes, fit and show (based on condition), pet, utility or other classes not based on confirmation.

4-H rules vary by county, so you'll need to get rules for your county from your local extension agent or 4-H leader.

Pam

I am not in 4-H as I am 31. I show in the ARBA shows and I know that when I go up to the show in Topsfield, the Great Scott 4-H club is there. There is also an ARBA show there this coming Saturday night, Aug. 2. You should come. It is a midnight madness show, it starts at 6pm.

Sharon

I show in 4-H, but there aren't JUST classes for how well handled the rabbit is. If you do showmanship, you have to put the rabbit in pet/type classes. You could put your bunny in the mixbred class; and you can still use her in the showmanship classes. :)

ETA: I looked at that Great Scott's 4-H club website, and they do their fitting & showing very weird, mostly just for the straightness of the front legs; They pick them up by the ears; that isn't what we do. :grumpy:

Emily

BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:
ETA: I looked at that Great Scott's 4-H club website, and they do their fitting & showing very weird, mostly just for the straightness of the front legs; They pick them up by the ears; that isn't what we do. :grumpy:

Emily

Emily,

I'm glad that you pointed that out!

That should NEVER, EVER, EVER be done! I have never heard of lifting the rabbit by the tips of the ears to check for straightness of legs.

In some breeds (harlequin), the rabbit's headis gently lifted by the ear base to view the chest, but lifting is never done by the tips of the ears.

Pam

pamnock wrote:
BlueSkyAcresRabbitry wrote:

Emily

Emily,

I'm glad that you pointed that out!

That should NEVER, EVER, EVER be done! I have never heard of lifting the rabbit by the tips of the ears to check for straightness of legs.

In some breeds (harlequin), the rabbit's headis gently lifted by the ear base to view the chest, but lifting is never done by the tips of the ears.

Pam

No problem. I knew that you aren't supposed to do that, and that rabbit look really hurt from that :(

Emily

Back