48" Crate for dogs?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Percy&I

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I am thinking about buying a 48" crate, and building shelves onto it, for a second level. I like to NIC cages, but how hard are they to maneuver around? My husband is military, and Im always trying to think head with moving and all the hoopla. I know the 48" are almost big enough to crate a Great Dane! We could even go with a 52". We live on base, and although he is potty training, I dont feel comfortable with Percy being directly on the carpet. What do you guys use for pee guard around the crate?

I loveeee his little cage now, so easy to clean, and he is out for HOURS during the day, but I still feel the need to give him more "breathing" room!

About the same here under the xpen [exercise pen]. It should have very low nap so it doesn't get chewed. Or an old, scuffed piece of linoleum works, too. Scuffed so the rabbit doesn't slip & slide. I think moving with an xpen would be easier than with a nic setup [the 8 panels fold flat], as long as the little cage is still around as a carrier. But you know best what your moving needs are.

Have used both. Honestly prefer using the 48" dog crate. The dog crate just makes life SO much easier.
There was a lot of swearing involved in setting up the nic cage, and maneuvering it, and everything. Sadly in the space I have for the cage portion, I have to use NIC pannels as my 48" dog crate wont fit height wise where I would want it to go. They work great for some people however :) Each situation is unique.

Latest posts

Back