4-H

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you in 4-H???

• Yes

• No

• I want to be

• I used to be

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dublinperky

Reaction score
I was wondering how many people here are in 4-H. Also say which 4-h projects you do and how long you have been in 4-H. I am in the process of joining and I am doing the show rabbit project!

I just joined 4-H the beginning of this year. I'm not dong anything right now, rather watching and will then do stuff next year. I don't want to do showmanship though. But I will be doing a skill-a-thon about rabbits and show Batty.

My boys do steers, market swine and Cali show rabbits, and I have pretty much been put in charge of handlin' the kids with rabbit needs..

People think i'm some sort of rabbit guru...

Nutjobs....lol

Dublin-

Supposedly, I have some of the best Cali's in these parts, and I am tough to beat at shows, if you'd like some help bettering your herd, I would be more than willing to make a run to bring you some babies when some come available. Several runs are made to your area yearly for steers and swine..

The benefits being, different blood, and not to toot my own horn, we've paid for some really good genetics, from some of the top Cali Breeders in the country, namely Fred Harra. For a 4-H kid, having some of those genetics in your line would really increase your odds of placing..

Let me know if you'd like some, my babies go fast.. I will have some after the State Fair in October.

Also, just to clarify, I don't charge 4-H kids..

Z

That would be so cool! Thank You so much I will have to ask my mom if I can but I am pretty sure she would be okay with it! Why would you come around here. Just wondering....

Dublin-

Because most hawgs come from Oklahoma..and the we also peruse the Forth Worth Stockyards for prospects, and gear. We also do the Livestock show there. I also have alot of friends there.. and have been known to ride the mechanical bull at Cowboy's in Arlington.. a time.. or 12..

My kids have been involved in rabbit 4-H for nearly 20 years. I was a 4-H advisor when I lived in Ohio. My youngest son is now the only one in 4-H. He's 9, but has been going to meetings since he was 5 (as a Cloverbud).

He participates in roundup (showmanship and a breed show), but is ineligible to compete in the Pennsylvania State days rabbitcompetition because I wrote the rabbit bowl questions and I also wrote the test this year.

He has been participating in ARBA state competitions since he was 5 (royalty).

Pam

I have been in 4-H since 2004.

I've participated in Horse, Dog, Lamb, Rabbit, Cooking, and more.

Within the past two years, our 4-H has only focused on the Livestock mainly. Which means our Horse Project sucks, there is not Dog or Rabbit project....etc. So its extremely frusterating.

I was in Rabbit last year and it was the greatest! But now we have no leader. I was offered the spot as the Rabbit Leader this year but I turned it down. Maybe next year. I will be older and have more bunnies.

Problem is...not alot of people here have rabbits. :?

I have been in 4-H for two years, so this is the end of my second year. I have shown rabbits for the past two years and next year I hope to show a cat and maybe even a goat or two.

OThis is my 2nd year I show Rabbits, Puoltry, Next year I am showing lambs and last year I did a horse poster I am also doing the pet project for rabbits next year I also Do Dog, in agility and obediance

I used to be in 4-H with rabbits and sheep. I did it for 6+ years, and was an ambassador and a jr. leader.

My daughters have been in 4-H since 2000. The oldest was in for 8 years, the middle child just graduated and will be doing her last state fair this month (FFA next year), and the youngest has six years to go.

By default, I became the rabbit and cavy leader. My duties expanded in the club, and now I help with the goats, poultry and pigeons. We also do foods, clothing, art, horticultureand photographyplus whatever else anyone wants to do. It gets a bit hectic, especially at fair.

We just had our huge county wide 4H fair. They have it right in our town. We went and looked at the rabbits (amoung other things). I was taking to one of the kids abut Hershey, he was all excited about him...until I told him Hershey was neutered! lol!

The other night my DH read in the paper an 11yo girl had her rabbit stolen right out of its cage! That's pretty sick IMO. Are 4Hers going to have to start locking up their animals!

golfdiva wrote:
We just had our huge county wide 4H fair. They have it right in our town. We went and looked at the rabbits (amoung other things). I was taking to one of the kids abut Hershey, he was all excited about him...until I told him Hershey was neutered! lol!

The other night my DH read in the paper an 11yo girl had her rabbit stolen right out of its cage! That's pretty sick IMO. Are 4Hers going to have to start locking up their animals!

There was a similar case last year at the Western Washington State Fair last year. Apparently someone stole a rabbit from a cage when the parents wouldn't let him hold it or something.

My friend was on the news (wasn't her rabbit) explaining about it. It's really sad. You go to the fair to have fun and your pet gets stolen, not good at all.

Emily

Latest posts

Back