4-H Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtvarnell

Reaction score
I heard back from the breeder I was wanting to get bunnies from. They don't have any breed Does yet but they are working on it.

We are getting excited. The kids keep asking me when we getting bunnies. I tell them we have to wait for just the right ones.

Make sure you see what breeds are allowed. I know for my 4-H we have to choose between Calfornians and Florida Whites as our market rabbits because we show meat pens. But you can show whatever kind of rabbit you want for breeder rabbits

I'm getting an American Tan at the end of the month from a breeder. I have a buck reserved.

The reason I'm getting him is so that I can possibly do 4-H with him and my daugther (when she's older). I'm thinking she'll love to "show" him when we get to the age she is allowed in 4-H.

Now I don' t know a single thing about 4-H, so are they breed specific? Will I be able to show my Tan you think, or is each 4-H group different?

Or would you suggest we just stick to ARBA shows and such? Not sure. I'm new to all of this.

Good luck with that Tan Suze, make sure it doesnt get to old before you show it, it might get greys lol

LOL! I'll introduce it as a "rare" Grey and Tan!

Thanks for the luck wishes - If he gets too old, not liking it, or if my daughter doesn't have interest, he'll just remain my pet :)

There should not be any breed limits at 4-H shows. ;) All recognized ARBA breeds, and even "pet" rabbits (crossbreds, purebreds with breed DQ's) should be allowed to be shown. I know that the pet category is different at all fairs/4-H shows, etc. but they should allow you to show recognized breeds. If not, I would be complaining. ;)

The market sale animals are different - you have to use one of the 18 commercial breeds of rabbits for those. ;)

Emily

Back