4 days old photo shoot! :)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bhoffman

Reaction score
Here are our 4 day old babies!! I am loving this whole experience!! It is so awesome to have been a part of the whole process.

The whole litter!
DSC_8024.jpg

Bunny 1
DSC_8052.jpg

Bunny 2
DSC_8051.jpg

Bunny 3
DSC_8049.jpg

Bunny 4
DSC_8045.jpg

I just love these little guys!! I am so amazed with their development. It is almost as if you could sit there and watch them changing!

VERY CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that I have breed rabbits that looked just like all of those before. Bunny 2 is a Tri Color. I used to breed Mini Rex in Tri. That is a very difficult color to get right. They show with the broken variety. I love them all.

Yes, they are very cute. Do they look "plump" enough? I think they do.. I am trying to find a mini rex buck, so that I can breed pure bred. But the only mini rex breeder around here, is the same one I got Bubbles from. She only has one buck and one doe. So, cant go with them again. The closest ones to me is 2-3 hours away now.

Bunny 1 looks a little bit skinny but that might just be the way that it is laying. Overall they look fine.

Everyone who breeds rabbits near me breeds Mini Rex and Californians. That is why I picked those breeds when I showed. Good luck finding a buck.

Yes, that one does look a bit skinny. They all seem to be taking their turns with that lol.

What does a perfect tri-color look like? I would like to see. I think it would be fun to try to get a really nice tri-color.

A lot of the rabbit breeders are basically in it for the money here. THey really dont care what happens with the bunny etc. Its really too bad. I definitely did not get into breeding for the money. I got into it because I love the animal, and I want to be able to breed the perfect pet rabbit. All of my rabbits seem to have great personalities. They are all VERY friendly and love people. I want to be able to provide other families with the same experience with rabbits tht I have experienced.

I am not sure we have any rabbit shows where we are. I would love to get into that type of thing (of course after I have pure bred rabbits). If I could only find really good buck, I would be happy.

I have to research other breeds. I wouldn't mind expanding my breeding stock and trying another breed as well. In a couple years though.

Wow, gorgeous! I love the baby with the orange stripe :) So cute!! Congrats and good luck!!

OMG THEY ARE GORGEOUS!

They look like they are due for a feeding. I dont think they look skinny, just time to feed.

I have a friend here that has a tri color female rex. GORGEOUS. This weekend I was talking to her and she asked me if I was willing to stud Bugsy to her Rex before I got him spayed. I agreed and Bugsy had some fun this weekend. She is going to keep most of the babies but will probably sell the rest. There are no rex breeders close to me. So we'll see...

here's a pretty good website for mixing rex colors
http://mr-colors.tripod.com/

OMG I would take "Bunny 3" in a heartbeat! And it looks like they all have rex fur! :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

I am hoping that they have the rex fur. If not , thats okay too. Their dad is part lop, so I think it would be neat to get some lop eared but if not, thats okay. I doubt any of them will have lop ears. His ears arent really lopped either. Only sometimes lol

#3, is my favorite!! I wanted to try and keep it. If anyone backs out of wanting a bunny, then I will keep whichever is left

You should wait until her first litter is weaned or really close to weaned. Once they hit that 8 week mark I would give her some time to recooperate, maybe a month? and re-breed again..

but what about your other female? can you breed her? You could do that now...

Yeah, I want to give her a break after weaning. Who wants to be pregnant/nursing constantly!?

I plan on breeding my other doe tonight. I also have a lion lop that I plan on breeding eventually. She is still a young girl though. She is only 11 weeks old. And I want to find a good lionhead to breed her with.

I think what I might do, is breed thumper tonight, and then when her kits start to wean, I will rebreed Bubbles. That should give Bubbles a bit of a break.

Latest posts

Back