36 hours of stress

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bo B Bunny

Reaction score
If I seem a bit off, quiet, moody, or even more of a dufus the next couple of days..... it has nothing to do with anyone here!

My last36hours has been extremely stressful. Christmas was fine, but a bit tiring. Then of course, my nieces got into an argument after I left my mom's house.

Long story short - my sister is sick, they're all fighting and living in the same house. It got bad with my sister and her son inlaw and daughter and they were just making matters worse on my sister (who is actually waiting to find out if she has thyroid cancer)... Yesterday, my parents and I had a long talk and decided to move her back in with them. It's closer to me also so if something happens and they need my help, I can help easier. It cuts the drive in half.

We moved her today!!! Yeah.

On my way to her house, a lady cut in front of me on a roundabout and hit me. We think the van will be totaled. Yeah.

Tonight I am a bit sore (wonder why? :?) and down in the dumps. *sigh*

I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts. I'm sorry that you are having to go through all of this at once, and during the holidays. How terrible. :(

Oh, Bo B, I'm really sorry to hear you're going through all this:hug:.

I did want to mention though, a friend of mine actually had Thyroid cancer, had surgery and she's doing really well. She's on medication for it, but she's doing well. I certainly hope your sister doesn't have it, but at least I can give you a success story.;)

I hope it all gets better for you and your family very soon.

Thanks so much!

I don't want to be negative, but my sister has some really bad things. She's diabetic, insulin dependant, doesn't watch her diet, her body is somewhat resistant to the insulin, she's had cancer in her hand and lost her pinky finger, horrible emphysema, smokes like a freight train, fatty liver disease, has sleep apnea and is dependant on the machine for that, and has a huge amount of depression. They have tested her for liver cancer, brain tumors, think she's got Chronic Fatigue Syndrome but who knows...

When they did the ultrasound today, my niece saw a large "thing" in one side of her neck. Just pray it's benign.

Bo B Bunny wrote:
Thanks so much!

I don't want to be negative, but my sister has some really bad things. She's diabetic, insulin dependant, doesn't watch her diet, her body is somewhat resistant to the insulin, she's had cancer in her hand and lost her pinky finger, horrible emphysema, smokes like a freight train, fatty liver disease, has sleep apnea and is dependant on the machine for that, and has a huge amount of depression. They have tested her for liver cancer, brain tumors, think she's got Chronic Fatigue Syndrome but who knows...

When they did the ultrasound today, my niece saw a large "thing" in one side of her neck. Just pray it's benign.

Oh my!:shock: Nobody can talk sense into her, huh? She should at least watch her diet being diabetic, that can be really bad. My FIL is diabetic and when he drinks beer when they visit (they live in AZ) my hubby's mom gets on him about it. Your sis probably smokes like she does as she has to have something to deal. My mom was an alcoholic, but didn't quit smoking, she says that's her calm, so is her ice cream:p. (I smoke too, and I know I need to quit, I really do. I think about it alot anymore.)

Your poor sister, that's alot to have going on all at once, geez. She'll be in my thoughts and prayers, as will you and your family;). Iwill prayit's benign as well:pray:.

Thank you so much :)

Yeah, I used to smoke and thank God I quit. I have done that before when I was pregnant and for some dumb reason picked them back up. This time I won't. I know I won't. It's been over a year (I went like 4 years one time lol).

I have pre-metabolic syndrome (pre-diabetes) but it's getting under control. My dad has non-insulin dependant diabetes and his entire family did - almost all of my cousins, grandma, grandpa died from it, aunt, uncle...... it's bad.

:hug:

On the up side, I'll be posting new Luna pics for you tonight! I'll try to get the video up too but no promises. But hey, you have something to look forward to!

Oh BO! I'm sorry you have so much stress right now. And the van is wrecked? You just couldn't catch a break! I'm sending positive vibes and good karma... (and a bunch of old fashioned prayers!)

My best wishes to your sister...

Oh Bo B...I'm sooo sorry about your sister and your accident. You are all in my prayers for it to be benign and for everything else to work out. :hug:

and YAY for you on the not smoking!!! That is GREAT! Keep it up..

Thank you again everyone. Yeah, I said that same thing, Cathy! "I just can't catch a break!" LOL!

The van was/is a little drivable but not for long. The entire front end is jerked about 1 inch towards the passenger side. The hood popped back under the grill area and the front of the car went to the next lane. The rear lifted up.... it is an old van, I need a new one, but they'll say it's too much damage...... we think it bent the frame up front..... motor casing? something like that....

OH MY GOSH!! What a terrible coupla days for you! :(

Man...how stressful family can be sometimes...I hope things calm down for ya'll soon, and everyone comes to their senses.

You're so sweet, being there for your sister. It isn't easy, I know...but you just remember that you have loads of people praying for you and sending you lots of love. :)

Also...hey...maybe the car accident will turn into a mixed blessing...never know...:) I know it's stressful now (believe me, I know), but maybe it's the way things had to go for you to finally let go of the van (since you mention you needed a new one), and be able to just let yourself get something newer and nicer for yourself and your family.

I know it's hard...hard to let go of a vehicle, and hard to confront having so many things happen at once to cause SO much stress. But just know...you're not alone...and you have many friends here (me, me!!) that love you to bits, and are rootin' for ya, and are here at all hours for ya!

:hug: :hearts

Rosie it's so funny you said that because:

1. I was upset that hubby would be so mad. He almost seemed happy. We'll get the value if it's totaled, put a new tranny in the old pickup that we have (great truck) and I can drive that until we find something else. Then, that will be my son's truck.

2. My sister said that same thing almost yesterday. "I know this is bad to say, and I am glad you are ok! but I'm glad it happened! You and the kids drive all over for horse shows, sheep shows, picking up stuff for the animals, etc., and you need a new car!! That one is dying, Pennie..... "

3. It's not letting go really - it's the car payment I'll end up having LOL!

Also: Thanks so much! You all are so good to me and so understanding about these things..... :hug:

Oh, I'm so sorry I missed this!

Kind of the worst possible time for everything to happen, huh? But, I'm so glad that you're all right!

I'll be keeping you and your family in my prayers :)

-Kathy

Oh good! I'm glad to hear that some positive is already coming out of this. I have to admit, I was REALLY sad when (I don't know how many remember this) Danny took Flower and Maisie to get spayed, hit something, and damaged our car beyond it's bluebook worth. That car was such a pride and joy, even though it was over ten years old. It was the final victory in a big, long struggle...and had so much sentimental worth to me.

But once we went out (a few days later) to find a new vehicle, and we started looking at 4Runners (GREAT vehicle, btw), we realized that it was meant to be...that poor Red running over something that punched a hole in her transmission was what needed to happen for us to get a vehicle we so desperately needed. And getting the 4Runner really opened the doors for us to be able to do SO MUCH more! :)

Let me know if you need any help finding another vehicle. I'd recommend a 4Runner ANY day of the week...they're so versatile, not too huge, and drive like a regular car. :D

Hugs!

Rosie*

Oh Bo ... that is a terrible thing that happened to you.

I hope the soreness won't last long and you won't have any long term effects.
I knew you were wanting to replace the van, but not like this.

This winter, I know several people who had car accidents. One is in the hospital from her accident on Christmas. :(

Thanks again. I know it's probably for the best that we get something new but it still isn't the best time of year. John's on his slow months and it's tight financially. I can get the F250 going with a new transmission which we were going to do anyhow.... I will drive it but my poor son will have to wait again!

We'll look around in a couple of months I guess for something new.

They did total the van. He just left. :(

Aww...I'm so sorry to hear that, Pennie...it's so sad saying goodbye to a vehicle that has been with the family for a long time...

Hugs to you...:hug:

Sorry to hear they totaled the van. Rough time of year to be short a car. (How long will it take to get a new tranny in the F250?)

How is your sister? Any news?

I'm so impressed you quit smoking! Good for you. No small task! Don't go back to it, please?

Still sending positive vibes... Just think of all the "Lucky Rabbits feet" you have! And bestof all, their still attached to the bunnies! That has to bring you luck! Maybe you need to rub Bo B's foot?

Latest posts

Back