3 rescues finally brought in today

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brimmhere

Reaction score
omg i know these poor animals werent taken careof well at all. this is 3 of the 6 i was supposed to havealready gotten in to rescue. she brought 4 with her but criedover the 4th and decided to take that one home with her. shealso brought 8 rats! omg i know nothing aboutrats! im including some pics of the bunnies as twoof the three have some bad hair loss. i really dont think itsmites, lice or fleas. im thinking its more of a fighting issue. as theyare all 5 months old and were housed together. males in onecage females in another :( 2 of the 3 she left herehave major hair loss on there backs. and only therebacks. teeth will need some triming , nails needtrimed, im calling the vet tomorrow to try and get them in assoon as they can. i feel so bad for them.the cages they brought them in smelled so awful, the poorrats are all in one 2 story cage with what looks like rabbit pelletsand one small water bottle :( omg there bedding soooooostinks!! ive checked them all and they are all females thankgod but all of them seem to be making this funny like sniffingsound i dont know if thats normal for a rat orwhat?! i dont see any kind of ooozzing or runny eyes ornoses? they seem to be in ok condition but ive tried to getin contact with another local rescue that deals with rats as i have noidea how to properly care for them!

please any advise on the rabbits. ill includepictures. there is only hair loss on their backs.no scabs, no signs of ear mites, orfleas. the third male has no hair on his testiclesand actually has a few sore spots on one testicle. imthinking because of the unproper cages they were being housed in:X it so upsets me to see them in this condition but im sohappy on the other end as now they will have proper care.omg im just so upset right now. thanks for lettingme vent also thanks for any imput on what you may think is the issuehere.

little history i know on rabbits. all littermates born jan 1st. so there a littleover 5 months. mixed breed as she told me the mom and dadwere dwarf rabbits which is so not the case. they do not inany way possible look to be dwarf. they way to big numberone. ok ill stop now.

brimmhere wrote:
omg i know these poor animals werent taken care of well atall. this is 3 of the 6 i was supposed to have already gottenin to rescue. she brought 4 with her but cried over the 4thand decided to take that one home with her. she also brought8 rats! omg i know nothing about rats! imincluding some pics of the bunnies as two of the three have some badhair loss. i really dont think its mites, lice or fleas. imthinking its more of a fighting issue. as they are all 5 months old andwere housed together. males in one cage females inanother :( 2 of the 3 she left here have major hair loss onthere backs. and only there backs. teeth will needsome triming , nails need trimed, im calling the vet tomorrowto try and get them in as soon as they can. i feel so bad forthem. the cages they brought them in smelled soawful, the poor rats are all in one 2 story cage with whatlooks like rabbit pellets and one small water bottle :( omgthere bedding soooooo stinks!! ive checked them all and theyare all females thank god but all of them seem to be making this funnylike sniffing sound i dont know if thats normal for a rat orwhat?! i dont see any kind of ooozzing or runny eyes ornoses? they seem to be in ok condition but ive tried to getin contact with another local rescue that deals with rats as i have noidea how to properly care for them!

please any advise on the rabbits. ill includepictures. there is only hair loss on their backs.no scabs, no signs of ear mites, orfleas. the third male has no hair on his testiclesand actually has a few sore spots on one testicle. imthinking because of the unproper cages they were being housed in:X it so upsets me to see them in this condition but im sohappy on the other end as now they will have proper care.omg im just so upset right now. thanks for lettingme vent also thanks for any imput on what you may think is the issuehere.

little history i know on rabbits. all littermates born jan 1st. so there a littleover 5 months. mixed breed as she told me the mom and dadwere dwarf rabbits which is so not the case. they do not inany way possible look to be dwarf. they way to big numberone. ok ill stop now.

Kim, I am sorry

This is one of those hard casesI warned you about ,Its so heart breaking , Justremember this is one of the more mildercases yet to come in.

Rats If healthy willgrunt, huff. bark , and make noises, But if it sounds likecoughing its more the likely a respiratorycondition . Im glad you gotthem into another rescue , you dontneed the illness runningthru your house .

My mom raised rats for many years. What was saidpreviously about the sniffing, grunting, barking is all true. If youever hear a high pitch shrill come from one of them remove herimmediately as she is seriously ill and could infect the others. Ifyou've ever heard a rat scream you know what I'm talking about, if notand you do, you'll never forget the sound. Spine tingling.

I love rats. Yes, the congestion and coughing isnot good. If you hear that or see red stuff coming out of the nose,eyes, or ears (or a combination of those) then the rats might havemyco. Check out the RMCA for more info: http://rmca.org

The one bun has a fur mites infection. Easily treatable with ivermec. :)

Usually when a rat starts sneezing it could be a sign of micro.

I have a friend who also works with rescuing small animals such asrats, guinea pigs, mice, and rabbits. She works for one of the rabbitrescues up here. If you want to pm me, Ill send you her info, and I betshe can help you out some with the rats. :)

Also im glad you rescued the squishy ratties and bunnies. :p But I agree with the other poster. Its gonna get worse. :(

good news!! took all three rabbitsinto the vet today..... no signs visible yet of any respitoryissues. but they were a bit under weight and the hair loss isfrom barbering. which is from to many bunnies being housedtogether. also the third male that had the punture holes inhis testicle was from another rabbit bite, it was infectedbut she gave us some medications to place on it daily. lucklyno other bad health signs but they will be kept here in quarintine forat least 4 weeks. they are such sweet rabbits forall they have been through. the femalerabbit whichmy boys named bunny was licking my hand the whole time thevet was examining her the vets like omgshe really is so sweet. the black and white male we namedchester was doing anything he could to climb up myshirt for me to hold him and the black male we namedduke just plain tried to hide in my arms lol iabsolutly feel so bad for these three bunnies. there only 5 months oldand have had such the worst life. at least now they will haveall the care, love and attention they deserve. will keepeveryone posted on how they are doing!!

Kim I am so glad everythingwas better than expected ! , poorbabies it could have been muchmuch worse, have you heardanything more from therescue that took t he rats ,how many were they able to save , poorthings , !

**"If you've ever heard a rat scream you knowwhat I'm talking about, if not and you do, you'll never forget thesound. Spine tingling."**

OMG! I have heard that its justas blood curlding as hearing arabbit scream , I Had2 malesthat got into a horrablefight and one of them let outthis awfull scream , just as hewas attacking the other one , im not sureif it was fear rage or just 2males being males but it was horrable .

Latest posts

Back