3 rescued rats!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SnowyShiloh

Reaction score
I have another thread about my ratties, but I don't think many people have read it and I thought maybe others would be interested in seeing my 3 new additions. These girls are from a small rat rescue my friend runs and are 15 months old. They've been at the rescue for 4 months now. They don't get along well with her other rats and we're hoping they will be happier with me since I only have 2 young girl rats. It will be a lot easier on my friend if the girls are with me because they can't have play time with her other rats so all the rats only get half the play time they would have since the time has to be split up.

The albino one and the one with the brown nose (she's a Siamese) are both really nice and outgoing, but the hooded one has a reputation of being a bully to other rats and not loving humans. Good news is she's already come out on my shoulder (which is a first for her) and is running to the front of the cage with her friends when I open it. The plan is to let them settle in for several days, then try to introduce them to my little girls. Hopefully all will go well and they can stay, otherwise we will adopt 2 of the other rescue girls instead. I already love these 3 so I'm really hoping it will work out! They seem to like it here, too.

We are in the process of rat proofing the bedroom so they can play in there (with supervision) while one of the bunnies has access to the rest of the house.

Anyone have name ideas? I'm pretty set on Saskia for the hooded girl and Scout for the Siamese girl. I'm thinking of Aisling for the PEW (pink eyed white) girl.

So without any more yammering, here are photos!
IMG_2002resized.jpg

IMG_2014resized.jpg

Moments after putting them in the cage (my 2 little girls get the bottom half of the cage until they can all live together):
IMG_2018resized.jpg

IMG_2023resized.jpg

IMG_2024resized.jpg

IMG_2025resized.jpg

She is the sweetest of the 3:
IMG_2028resize.jpg

PEW girl tries to steal the Greenie:
IMG_2030resized.jpg

IMG_2033resized.jpg

IMG_2036resized.jpg

She is the most adventurous of the 3 (and they're all pretty adventurous)
IMG_2038resize.jpg

IMG_2040resized.jpg

IMG_2041resized.jpg

IMG_2045resized.jpg

We forgot to buy a water bottle so they get to drink out of a mug for tonight:
IMG_2046resize.jpg

With more toys added in (there's a big Capri Sun box behind the tube on the 2nd level as well):
IMG_2048resize.jpg

They are so cute. They have a very nice cage setup. They seem to like it too from the pictures. Lots of things to keep them busy. Let us know how things go when you put them with your rabbits. I hope it goes well.

Oh gosh, this is so funny. I thought the rats deserved a treat so I went to the cage with 5 little pieces of pumpkin pie crust. The futon is right next to the cage, and as I was doling them out, Ned (bunny) hopped up on the arm of the futon, waiting for his piece. He's such a funny guy and LOVES food. We always say he wishes he was born a rat and call him our big rat. He didn't get any pie crust, but I'm going to make him a rat costume for the next Halloween!

Latest posts

Back