3 pounds of hay

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
How long will 3 pounds of hay last? It would only be for one rabbit. I'm not looking for an exact answer, just a tough estimate.

It might last about a month. I recently posted a similar question because I bought my first bale of hay. Before, I was buying a 9 pound bag of hay and it was lasting me about 6 weeks for three rabbits, but two of them don't eat much hay right now.

Where I live they want to sell me 40 pounds for $7...and I have just one rabbit. I don't even want that much :sigh:

Well it depends on how much hay your rabbit eats every day. With Sweetie, 3 pounds will not last her an entire month. The 6 pound bales I used to buy in the pet store, would last her a month. I buy her hay online, 45 pounds for $30, the total is $53.33, shipping is a little expensive, but it is fresher than getting it at the feed stores and lasts Sweetie a year. So I am buying hay once a year. It is actually cheaper that way than buying hay two to three times or more a year. At the feed store it does cost less, but only lasts a few months.

We get our Hay from the Hay Exchange here in Fl. 1/2 a bale is 25 dollars. A 15lb bag is 5 dollars so it's worth getting it every couple of months as it's fresh hay. They also ship. They are primarily for farmers that need loads of hay but they bag up timothy for rabbits and small animals. My buns love the hay more than the Dumore we were getting. My doe especially eats tons of it. Only problem is the alfalfa hay is only 1/2 bales and rolls and I don't need that much. Babies are on the way in 20 days or so just need a small amount. But Petco and petsmart are so expensive and tractor is also.
http://thehayexchange.com/

O.O

My five go through a 75lb bale ($13 at a local feed store) each month. That's approx 3.75lbs per bunny per week. They are little hay piggies.

Some feed stores also sell by the flake which can be cheaper than buying bagged hay.

Latest posts

Back