2012 Texan Tales & Tails

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks Dave - that means a lot. Nyx has moved into Robin's bedroom and become a bedroom bunny in there....and I guess she's super affectionate and gives Robin all sorts of kisses, etc.

She also "marks" her territory...aka...Robin's bed.

Belle Star aka Gimpy has been in our bedroom since shortly after Zeus took ill....Robin locked her up in a cage yesterday while she brought the dogs in the room to be cool for a bit...and Gimpy threw a fit and was throwing around her food bowl, etc. Not sure how good Robin's nap was with Gimpy acting up so much...

Wow - how can it already be July...know what I mean? Where has this year gone...

I thought I'd do a short update on my blog. I've been in Northern Maine since May 4th....Art is flying up tomorrow so we can spend a week together...and then on the 27th I leave for Connecticut to spend a few days with Alicia (JadeIcing) - and fly back to Texas on August 1st. In some ways - I can hardly wait - in others - I'm dreading it.

While I've been gone I've lost so many bunnies that I loved...those who follow me on Facebook know of the majority of the losses...it started with losing Zeus and went downhill from there. Among my losses are Zeus, Nyx, Portia (holland lop), Ellie Mae (E-lop), Bandita, Splash, Darla-Mouse and her daughter Sierra, Audrey, and...last but not least...Thunder. Oh -we lost Gimpy (aka Belle Star)...and Diane too (both flemish giants). With most of these losses - it was a virus that spread through the office and hit the bunnies on the floor and we lost the majority of them in a 4 day period if I remember right.

Fortunately, I still have Harmony, Mercury (who was sick for a bit because Harmony was moved to another cage when the air conditioning went down - but he perked up as soon as she moved back), Athena - who has had sore hocks but is doing better, Hermes, Smithy & Tiny Tim (Nyx's two sons), Sam & Dean - my two half flemmies, and a few others. Oh yes - and I can't forget Angel - dear sweet Angel! She seems to be doing great.

In addition to all these losses - dad has issues of dementia that I didn't see at first....it feels like I'm losing both my parents in a short period of time (we lost Art's mom a couple of years ago and his dad in early April).

So if I'm not online much - it's because I'm busy or traveling.

Hope y'all are having a better year than we are.

Oh - I do have deposits down on three hedgehog babies that are yet to be born...two girls and a boy. Not sure if I'm going to breed (I won't breed Frank for sure) - but I wanted some babies that would be socialized and have some of the different hedgehog personalities.

Read through your blog and boy you have quite the crew! :) so sorry to hear about all your recent losses. Horrible for so many in a short amount of time :(

Frank is adorable! My son and I just learned about hedgehogs at a local animal refuge in ourntown. They take on injured and abandoned animals. Anyway, saw some little babies...they were so cute!! The adults were all unique, as you said. One stayed curled up and made noise the whole time. The other adult was exploring and pretty curious.

Thanks for sharing!

In searching for info on my flemmie, I came across your posts and was then led to your 2011 blog (linked in your profile) and read all of that yesterday and the day before. So sad to see all the losses, but the baby pictures are still my favorite :) I hope these bad times slow down for you so you can savor the happy ones longer. :hugs:

Back