2 Spays in 1 Day?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cirrustwi

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
I scheduled Daisy and Basil to go in for theirspays next Friday, but now I wondering if I should have only scheduled1. After the problems Lissa had I'm having secondthoughts. When Basil had her surgery for an obstruction, Islept on the floor with her, she wasn't in her cage, and I couldn't dothis with both of them. I could keep them in their cages andsleep beside them, but that is the best I could do.

Any thoughts?

Jen

Well...I look at it two ways..

2 spays in one day could get everything over with quicker

but only one would reduce a lot of stress...it depends which is more important to you

-Vanessa

in terms of post op care surely it would beeasier for you if it was just one of the and the you could sleepon the floor with the bun out of the cage but if you want it over anddone with fast it would be better to do then in onelot as vanessa saysbut ultimatley it is up to you to decide what is best for your bunniesi hope you work things out let us know what you decide and how thespays go.

Em x

Oh God. I wouldn't be able to doit. I'm glad I did one at a time because that gave me onlyone bunny to worry about instead of two. I would do each oneseparately so that each one gets the attention and supervision itneeds.

We had Brindle spayed and Benji neutered at the same time. Had no problems at all.

In fact, I think if we did them separately the one left home wouldstress over where the other one went to. And I'd have to go through ittwice.

:~) Jim

If you were to do them separately, you would runthe risk of "un-bonding," them twice, assuming they are already bonded,as opposed to running that risk only once by getting them both done atthe same time.

Last time we had that choice, we opted to do both simultaneousy.

Buck

I had the same experience Buck Jonesmentions. I had my females spayed about a month apart andwhen I brought pepe home penelope started attacking her. I'mpretty new to bunnies and I had no ideas that a rabbit could becomeunbonded in less than a day. It is now a couple of weekslater and Penelope is just now starting to stop attackingher. If I had to do it over again I definately would havedone them both at the same time.

I've decided that they will both go.They are not bonded, in fact, both seem to love the other bunnies(except Daisy and Orion) but they just don't like each other.Ok, Daisy is actually the one who doesn't like Basil. :pAnyway, I talked to Shawn and he has the weekend off because we weresupposed to go to Chicago and aren't going now, so he will stay with meand help out. I can't imagine him sleeping on the floor withone of the babies, but he is going to. I'm so lucky he is ananimal lover too. I think I'll just partition off the room sowe can be in the same room in case they need me.

I just told him he'll have to do the same thing when Sage and Elvis getneutered in about a month....he wants to know if I worry about thebunnies this much, what will I do when we have kids? LOL

Jen

Jen I have 1 bunny but I say do them at the same time, who knows theymay sympathise with each other and get along afterwards???? Umm I amserious by the way, maybe they might feel for each other and it maymake things easier

Latest posts

Back