2 Questions

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NetherlandDwarf

Reaction score
I have another question about bonding, not that im going to be doing it right away (i still have a few months to go until i decide to get another), but will a bun bond better with a baby/young rabbit than and older one? He's 6 months today. I was thinking about dogs and remembered we had a large male dog who was not dog friendly to any other dog unless it was a puppy, im guessing he knew it was a puppy and decided not to be aggressive towards it. does the same goes for bunnies? it was an off the wall question i was just thinking about.

Part 2:

I dont know if my bun is entering his "teenage years" or whats going on with him, but i'll get down on the floor and pet him, and i'll pet him forever too, and then i'll get up and go sit on the couch. i dont know if its frustration but he'll come over the the couch and jump up and start digging into my arm, trying to chew my clothes and pull my clothes mainly around my arm until i start petting/scratching his head. he'll do this if i stay sitting on the floor as well, example; i was looking at a book on the floor and petting him at the same time, i stop petting him long enough to turn the page, that moment i stop, he starts digging into me as before until i start petting him again. he only does this to me. he allows everyone else to pet him. one time my husband and i were sitting on the couch, he hops up next to my husband, hubby starts petting him, but i think he was trying to get to me, because bun kept jumping around at my hubby trying to pet him, bun finally got mad, jumped down ran all the way into his cage and start kicking everything up with such fierce! i have never seen him do anything like that, he only stop tearing up him cage when i sat on the floor and he jumped out to run over to be to be petted.

my sister came to visit for a weekend a week ago. i dont think my bun approved of her being here. my sister sat on the floor and touched his phone book, my bun ran to the middle of the floor and started thumping loudly at her infront of us all. he didnt approve of her i guess touching his phone book? but he approved of her giving him treats. my bun would even go into the room she was staying in and try to pull everything out of her suitcase and even would roll around in it.

but my bun is started to act like my daughter when she acts up... is this normal? he was neutered earlier this month.

thanks!

Latest posts

Back