2 new bunnies!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Numbat

Reaction score
Hi! I just got two bunnies yesterday! :) They're both black otter and are yet to have names. If anyone has any tips on looking after rabbits, they would be greatly appreciated-- anything and everything! At the moment, they're a little nervous of me and I would like to have a strong bond with them. Thanks!

Ohhh! Congrats on getting the new bunnies! I am sure they will warm up to you as for names are they female or male. Do you have any pictures?!?!?!? Here are a couple ideas....

Zippy, Cinder, Oddie, Dewy, Herseys, Kisses, Shadow, Misty, Gizmo, and Zorro!

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Aly!:)

Hi, thanks! They're both male I believe. I'll have some photos soon! They're settling down already but they keep grinding their teeth. Does this mean they're unhappy? Merry Christmas!!!

hello and congrats on your new bunnies!

Just a heads up, someone correct me if Im wrong but I believe black otter is just a color and not a breed. ;)

Also, since there both male they will need to be seperated soon unless you plan on neutering them, but they will need to be seperated anyways for healing and such. :)

Im not sure about the grinding...do they seem tense or relaxed? My pottsy grinds when he's snuggling with me, but rabbits can also grind because they're in pain or because they're angry (I think..)

Hi! Yes, I'm sure black otter is a colour not a breed! I got them from a family giving them away to good homes. Their rabbits were very well cared for but apparently they are black otters. Mini Lop cross black otter :D
I have heard that males will fight but I'm hoping to avoid that. At the moment, they are so happy together. They snuggle up. Of course, I will seperate them if there's any problems... I think they are boys...
They seem very relaxed when they're grinding their teeth so I don't know.
Thanks and Merry Christmas again!

ok, so there black otter mini lops? I dont think those are colors found in mini lops, so probably they're mixed with something...

also, I dont want to start any arguments, but you will most likely need to seperate them soon when their hormones kick in..But its good you have the space to do so!

then they're probably just letting you know they're relaxed. :)

Yes, they're definitely mixed. Their ears haven't lopped and their dad had airplane ears :) I will definitely post some photos soon!
No worries, but I'm still hoping they'll be best buddies!!

Darn it, I had a nice detailed post typed up here and either the forum or my lousy internet lost it. :X*sigh*

Well, anyway, LOL. It would be a good idea for you to find someone to tell you for sure if you have two boys, because they can start having babies at a very young age. Most new bunny owners don't have any idea that they have a boy/girl pair until the babies show up, and of course that's a bad thing for the doe rabbit and the people both, LOL. I see that you are in Australia-we have rabbit savvy vet listings in our library here: http://rabbitsonline.net/view_forum.php?id=9I think there should be Australia vets in there, if not I know we have members there that should be able to help you. Congrats on your new bunnies, and welcome to RO! :D

Latest posts

Back