2 Does wont breed

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iluvdutchrabbbits90

Reaction score
I have 2 lionheadsisters i kept out of my last litter,they are now 6 months old. I have been trying to breed them for a weekbut they wont have it lol The first doe thumps runs then starts screaming. The other runs and trys to climb up the cage too get out then starts screaming. I have tried them with 2 bucks andthey do the same thing. I held them but they just screamed and kicked.Are their does that just will never breed?Should i place them together in a pet home? I really dont want too(as they are 2 of my favorites) but i will if i have too.I also have their other sister who bred within secands.

Thanks!

Maybe there not ready to breed, all does are different. I have 2 year old lop her Ive just managed to get pregnant shes never wonted to breed before but after her last litter she really wanted to be bred,

Id say wait a bit, house them next to bucks for a few weeks. Maybe try a table spoon or more of apple cider vinegar in their water bottles. If they hit 8 months and still no breeding Id check for health issues or hold them.

I have been having the same problem with all my elop does....even the seasoned ones. No one wants to breed...even my bucks are sluggish. Cant figure out why. My virgin doe will fight like you wouldnt believe...doesnt even give him a chance. I just dont get it. Its in the 60s here so its not like its too hot or anything...

whaleyk98 wrote:
I have been having the same problem with all my elop does....even the seasoned ones. No one wants to breed...even my bucks are sluggish. Cant figure out why. My virgin doe will fight like you wouldnt believe...doesnt even give him a chance. I just dont get it. Its in the 60s here so its not like its too hot or anything...
yup just how my does are I did get couple too breed but these 2 are like heck no lol my buck trys but never even gets close. It's in the 60s here also.

Latest posts

Back