2 days back at the forum...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheyanne

Reaction score
Ok.. so I have been back to the forum for 2 days now and I have a story to tell.

Jeepers

On my one day off I clean house. I start from the top and go to the bottom.. leaving the laundry and the rabbit cage for last. So this morning I had some stuff I had to return to the basement. I go down the stairs and usually there are two noses sticking out of the cage waiting for some sort of attention (doesn't matter what, just as long as there is!)

I look at the cage and there is only one rabbit in the cage. To give you some idea as to the size of the cage, it is to grids high so almost 30 inches and at the corners there are grids sitting on top to secure the cage and grids across the top of their shelf. The girls have been in this setup for over a year with never an escapee.

So to continue. I am now in search of rabbit, who when does not wish to be found, won't be. I don't know how long she has been out of the cage because I hadn't been down there since early yesterday morning. (fell asleep last night -- bad bunny mommy!)

I start to search for Anwyn and can't find her. I start to think about calling out the hound, but that would be useless, since the only thing she will find is the poops and eat them.

Fifteen minutes have passed and I can't find her anywhere and really there is no where she can go. The only way out is up the stairsand she would have to open a door. Of course she figured out how to get out of her cage so opening a door would be a slam dunk!

Since I didn't know how long she had been out I put some food on the floor figuring I could lure her out, to no avail, she wasn't coming out. I figured she must be hiding behind one of the million boxes in the basement. I had to run to the store and thought I would look for her later.

I get home about an hour later and go downstairs to see if she is out and her food has not been touched.

Ok so now what... give up and hope she comes out... or dig around all the boxes and hope to grab her before she finds another escape route.

Well the laundry still has to be done. I had left one dried load in the dryer before I left and was going to fold it when I got home. I didn't want the escaped rabbit to make herself at home in my clean laundry basket so I left it in the dryer.

I open the door to the dryer and I hear a big bang and a little white ball of fur comes flying out of the dryer. Scared the devil right out of me! Scared me so bad I nearly fell into the rabbit pen. Great that would have been ... then I would have had two rabbits running rampant.

I guess she had jumped in between my trips downstairs and I must have closed the door on her at some time. So needless to say she was just a tad miffed at me. She was so upset, that I had to corral her to get her back in her cage. As you all know catching a rabbit who does not wish to be caught is a job and a half!

NOTE TO SELF- Check the dryer because the lint in there may not just be a dust bunny but a real one !

Back