2 bunnys?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patches2593

Reaction score
so iwas thingking about getting another rabbit if i can. is it better to have 2 or will they totally just ignore you and love each other? do they usually get a long? for them to live together do the yhave to be the same size, age, sex, or breed? i have a mini lo pand mini rex mix and i either want a dwarf or another mini lop. is this possible? can they share cages? can they get jealous? my male is neutered btw.

can anyone give me ANY informatio non this? and tel lme about experiences, thoughts, opinions, and about yours. sorry my spelling is weird

I was concerned about my first rabbit, Layla, not being as personable when getting a companion but it's not so.

Sure they do enjoy each other's company A LOT and are pretty much always nearby, but they do come up to me for pets and treats and I can handle them each individually without the other having a panic attack. They also seem to be less destructive since they have someone around that speaks "bunny" and to play with.

If both are neutered/spayed, then yes they can live together just fine after hormones have subsided, given enough room. It takes a while to properly bond them though, but there are many other threads on the forum about this!

Good luck!

ya but the petstores near me won't let me buy a rabbit and if my rabbit patches and him/her don't get along, i can't bring him back or allow my rabbit to choose :(

It really depends on the rabbits. Some will love each other while others can totally hate each other.
Age, breed and even size don't play much part. You can have a small and large rabbit get along, ones that a several years apart in age and different breeds. Sex can play a part, generally a neutered male and spayed female have the best chance of getting along. It is really the personality of the rabbits that makes the most difference.
If they are fully bonded, they should share a cage (you will need a bigger cage than what is suitable for 1 rabbit). I would recommend 2 food bowls, and 2 water bottles but if you use a bowl for water 1 should be fine. You may need 2 litter boxes in the cage, but it depends on the rabbits as some are fine with 1. If you have to take they anywhere, it is best to take both of them, this means you may need a bigger carrier.

If you can, try to let your rabbit pick who he likes. Many shelters or rescues will let you take him in for visits, but ask before you go to be sure. Try to let him meet as many as you can so you can see how he reacts to different rabbits. He may be good with one, but really like the next one. Don't rule out any rabbit based on sex, size or age as you don't know what he may like.

Well...I do have two bunnies, they are from the same litter and they are both female. All I can say is yes, they do adore each other, the nap together, groom each other, play with each other, heck, they even eat together...but it doesn't necessarily mean they only pay attention to each other. This is where I come into the picture, they will legit, try their hardest for my attention. They enjoy pets and treats like any other pets. The only difference in getting another bunny is that there will be another personality that you will have to compromise with. Now, don't get me wrong, I won't change how it is with my buns, they love me and each other, with a pair, they just won't be lonely when I'm not there. :')

Can't you take your rabbit into the store in a carrier & put it [carrier] down next to the store's rabbits & see what happens?

Latest posts

Back