1week Post op Neuter

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello, I have a 5mo holland lop boy Cilantro. I neutered him this past saturday on 8/20/2022 the day of i saw he had one very swollen scrotal sac bright pink. Now its been 6days and hes active wanting to play but his sac is still swollen not as bright or large but he wont let me touch it so i believe it hurts. How long after surgery does the swellibg dissapear?. Also is it normal for him to biting, gruntting, thumping at us when he was previously a wonderful sweet mommys baby.

The swelling should have reduced by now. I would be concerned of a possible infection, especially as he seems sensitive to it. It could also explain his change of behavior, due to being in pain. I would suggest talking to your vet right away. Your rabbit may need to be put on a rabbit safe antibiotic, and if he's not on meloxicam(NSAID), he should probably be put on that as well.

The swelling should have reduced by now. I would be concerned of a possible infection, especially as he seems sensitive to it. It could also explain his change of behavior, due to being in pain. I would suggest talking to your vet right away. Your rabbit may need to be put on a rabbit safe antibiotic, and if he's not on meloxicam(NSAID), he should probably be put on that as well.
Thank you so much. His swelling is gone. Hes still a bit nippy and distanced from me and his buddy but they are slowly mending their bond

Latest posts

Back